7.25" rear end question

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Just to put it in perspective I called the local diff shop about fitting a ford diff into my car, they said to budget on $4000NZD and that was me supplying the diff! That was to weld on spring hangers and reduce the width of the axle. This is why I ended up looking for a a straight bolt in out of the USA, figured I could get the whole thing done for a $1000NZD buying diff over there, shipping here and bolting in.

randomguy

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but, on this forum what is the consensus about this rear. Yeah, we know its not strong but, for a daily driver should it hold up fine? I don't plan on mods or racing with the car in question anyways. I see a few guys who have bone stock cars typically don't have problems unless you're being abusive. Anyways, I figure I would get a better feel and kind of update this thread since this rear was used in various applications.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but, on this forum what is the consensus about this rear. Yeah, we know its not strong but, for a daily driver should it hold up fine? I don't plan on mods or racing with the car in question anyways. I see a few guys who have bone stock cars typically don't have problems unless you're being abusive. Anyways, I figure I would get a better feel and kind of update this thread since this rear was used in various applications.

This has always been my opinion.

http://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/cla...ear-end-question&p=36968&viewfull=1#post36968

I'm STILL running the stock 7 1/4's in all three of my cars.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I will keep my 7.25" as a spare in-case I some how kill my 8.25", I to believe with stock engine with these rear ends will hold up to normal driving, if they didn't Chrysler would of had to do something about it, my car has done 73,000 miles on the 7.25" and stock 318, it still going all ok.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My Fifth has 150,000 miles on it's original 7 1/4.
I drive it 350 miles every weekend to my trailer and back almost every weekend from May to October and it's my year round driver through the hell of our Canuck winters. If you're not trying to kill it, it won't die.

Back