76 road runner

volare 77

Reaction score
HL29C is listed as low class with a six cyl HP29K is premium class with a 360 2bl. sounds like you have a title to a different car or the VIN has been changed for what ever reason. There are others here that would know more about this then me.

Last edited:

moparmarkk

Reaction score
volare 77 you know i owe you some beers,thanks for all the info ,still trying to sort thru this mess ,if you were not so far away we would be having one or two now thanks mark

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
did a little more cleaning today,and came up with this car is a 1977 the vin on the dash is HL29C7BXXXXXXXX,radiator core support is 83337516 title is HP29K6BXXXXX, all I can say is WTF!! looks like a can of , so do 76 t-tops interchange with 77 t-tops? anybody know? could use some help mark
There's no such thing as a 76 t-bar car. 77 is the first year for them. Are you sure that's HL29C? Could it be G? 6cyl T-bars are rare. If you're supposed to be the 2nd owner, the guy should be able to give you the correct title even if he has to file for a duplicate. The number on the core support should be 7B and your six digit vin sequence. Should match the dash and one under driver side trunk seal too. If those tops are too short they could be harder find M-body tops. Of course there's also a smaller market to buy them so that doesn't really mean more money. Good luck getting it all sorted out.

volare 77

Reaction score
there you go moparmarkk, i knew someone here would know. I wasn`t aware of 76 not having a t bar roof until i looked in my crash book and noticed the part number was the same for 77 and early 78 t top panels for the volare aspen.

moparmarkk

Reaction score
thanks for all the help so far,first owner past away and dealing with his daughter, she know very little about the cars he has.She gave me the title for a 76,its not like this is close to me,i did a three day trip to get the cars and parts(72 satiate also in the pics)this garage has not been opened for 10 years, might be going back there if i can plan it out when she is there again. So thats where i'm at and thanks again mark

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
Every state is different. In Ohio we have both Title Offices, and the BMV where we get plates after titles are recorded. Some states just have it all in one agency. Duplicates of titles issued prior to computers are held in physical form at the county title office of original record. If the car was never registered during the time of computers that's the only office with knowledge of the title number in their system. If this isn't local to her, the daughter can fax the correct office her Power of Attorney giving her authorization to dispose of the decedents personal properties along with the VIN for the car you got. They will mail her the duplicate title to turn over to you. It's not too hard at all.

David Clark

Reaction score
Congrats, I picked up a 77 Volare a while Back with T-Tops on it as well. Sad part on mine is the Passenger side one is Cracked and I can't afford what people are asking for a replacement one. The Under Carriage on mine is pristine, I bout shit my pants when we had it raised up with the Tow Truck to get a couple tires replaced on it for hauling home and saw how pristine the Undercarriage was. I really need to take pics of it. Also has the "Solid" Front Bumper on it, a big steel square tube that runs along the inside of the front Bumper. Also has a bunch of Filler around the Back Side Windows to make them Squared off. Not sure what all that is about. 318 Powered.
IMG_2721.JPG

volare 77

Reaction score
The smaller opera windows were on cars with half vinyl tops. The factory put in those fillers to make the window smaller then the standard quarter glass. They can be removed and you can put in the standard glass. You would need new interior panels and outside chrome trim.

moparmarkk

Reaction score
welcome to the club,Dave. Are you going to put back together?Just got into the trunk on mine,found a factory am-fm 8 track player and four white snake posters ,like brand new,lol still digging will post pics this weekend

David Clark

Reaction score
I plan to, but might take me about 20 yrs as almost all my paychecks are bills right now. LOL

moparmarkk

Reaction score
thats good,looking at your cars in the avatar,I had a 74 roadrunner with a 360 and a pistol grip 4-speed never should of got rid of it,it had a moon roof from the factory,and yellow,life got in the way

Back