78/79 Dodge Aspen Wagon Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

greymouser7

Reaction score
Contact seller
I am going to strip some parts off of a Wagon tomorrow. Anybody want anything or want me check for anything on this car?

I am taking the front bumper, bumper fillers, buddy seat, bucket seats, passenger fender and hood. It is a rusty slant six car-maybe someone needs some tail-lights or something?

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN SUPPLYING PARTS TO SOMEONE FOR RE-SALE.

I would much rather help out somebody with a small token that they could use.

message me in FABO or greymouser7hotmailcom on eBay or my email at greymouser7@hotmail.com

have a good weekend and stuff, John

Locomotion

Reaction score
How is the rear bumper, front and rear leaf spring mounts/shackles, grille?
Got pics? I can PM my email address.

greymouser7

Reaction score
I pulled and kept the rear bumper to get to the bumper filler plastic pieces. It has some rust, but looks good from eight feet away.

I took the alternator, carb, electronic pieces and a brand new radiator, fender bar brackets, fluid bottles, and battery tray, and some plastic interior pieces for the guy that asked.

The business that has the car would need the car to at least roll Around I believe -but the rear leaf spring brackets looked good-it was hard for my inexperienced soul to believe how much rust and moisture was in every nick and crevice of this car. Not sure if I need another tetnus shot from rusty metal cutting my knuckles.

No grille.

There are some decent sill plates, window chrome trim and the luggage rack looks removable.

I think I want off set (forward) leaf spring mounts so I might have some on a car in my yard for you. Could some one direct me to the offset (frontside) leaf spring mounts?

Last edited:

greymouser7

Reaction score
Well I finally got that fender off. The last two bolts were in the cabin between the door hinge mounts and then forward of the firewall and remove the front door to remove the nut straight from straight down. It took four of us and some leverage to break those two nuts loose. The rest of that car is going back into big metal creation. Though I might take the rear seat- I don't know if it will match up just fine with the two door..?

greymouser7

Reaction score
The passenger rear taillight is good and both rear taillight diecast trim frames are available as well besides sill plates and the luggage rack-any body need anything?????

Locomotion

Reaction score
I pulled and kept the rear bumper to get to the bumper filler plastic pieces. It has some rust, but looks good from eight feet away.

The business that has the car would need the car to at least roll Around I believe -but the rear leaf spring brackets looked good-it was hard for my inexperienced soul to believe how much rust and moisture was in every nick and crevice of this car.

I think I want off set (forward) leaf spring mounts so I might have some on a car in my yard for you. Could some one direct me to the offset (frontside) leaf spring mounts?

Thanks for the info.

I was hoping to find a better rear bumper than what is on a car I bought. Mine has a lot of "freckles" in the chrome, but only had some rust on the inside.

Front and rear spring mounts/shackles would be extras to "experiment" with.

I don't believe anyone makes offset spring mounts specifically for the F/M/J bodies. But I believe the offset rear shackles for an E-body would work. The problem with the fronts is that it appears all of the offset mounts for the other body styles have a different distance between the mounting surface and the eye. Plus, the F-body springs themselves have a 24" front segment, which is longer than any Mopar SS springs. I didn't do a complete "mix-&-match" study to see if something could be put together, but what I've checked so far wouldn't work. You would have to do some customizing to OEM mounts or, if you wanted to use the shorter SS springs, use the Mopar Perf. extension mounts for the front and customize those for an offset. Don't have the part #'s handy at the moment, but I returned the ones off of my car to the previous owner. I didn't like the front eye that far back from the OEM location and replaced it with used custom SS springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back