82 mirada 360 magnum exhaust headers?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
They didn’t note anything about clearance anywhere I read, just the over all flow rates. Apparently the ‘92-‘93 drivers side magnum manifold flows better than the 340HP drivers side manifold does.

But sure, could be a clearance issue, I don’t know anyone running them on their car to know for certain.

Here's a fitment issue link.

There are others that claim on b bodies the column is in the way. Most of what I've read is those years flow the same or better then 340.

I have a car with them on it but I didn't install them.

Camtron

Reaction score

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I wonder what the difference in flow really is. Is it really worth going after a 340 one for just the one side? And if you're getting into the power where it really makes a difference are you better off going to headers of some sort?

Those yesrs of Magnum manifolds look pretty even except for the longer tail on passenger one. Pic stolen from this post

manifolds.jpg

mopops

Reaction score
I wonder what the difference in flow really is. Is it really worth going after a 340 one for just the one side? And if you're getting into the power where it really makes a difference are you better off going to headers of some sort?

Those yesrs of Magnum manifolds look pretty even except for the longer tail on passenger one. Pic stolen from this post

[/URL]
View attachment 52291
maybe a set of block huggers. then no more 90 degree oil filter adapter

Camtron

Reaction score

[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]
View attachment 52291
It’s got to be marginal. I was doing a little more reading and the drivers side magnum exhaust manifold definitely seems to be an issue on most Mopar cars. I got caught up on just, what is the “best” not the best for our cars, lol
maybe a set of block huggers. then no more 90 degree oil filter adapter
yea. I lucked out, my Fifth Ave had the adapter all ready. People ask $150+ for them now and honestly for the money, a relocation kit would be better bang for the buck.
Shortys would look real nice under the hood, could have a nice exhaust made up too, look and sound real sharp; but you’ll spend the same on shortys as you would long tubes and with the long tubes, you get more HP and torque for your buck when you press on the gas pedal, lol
That all said, id leave the manifolds you got and get a nice flowing, sounding exhaust system made up; unless you got someone to lend a hand, then just go full tilt boogy and get some long tubes one there and let her eat.

Back