86 Dippy Wiper Linkages

David Clark

Reaction score
Son and Wife took Dippy to 4-H Meeting on Sunday (Dippy will be the Son's Kid till he can afford his own Car, he just gets to Borrow this one) and when they came home, she was driving and the Wipers were in the Upright Position. Great, So here I was thinking that Damn Plastic Bushing on the Drive arm Fell off again. Nope, Motor went out on the damn thing. Was contemplating pulling the motor off the 5th when I headed over to Ol Yeller (89 Dodge D350 Parts Truck) and looked at the wiper motor in there. Interchance says it's not compatible but I got it off and switched out the mounting plates and it works fine except that it's a 2 speed Motor so no more intermittent wipers on the Dippy for now.

Justwondering

Reaction score
David ..
What is so very cool about the wiper motor issue .... a wonderful opportunity to 'show' the kids that you can do things and they can as well.

I little creative ingenuity and you have a solution which came at a cost of some personal time and elbow grease rather than the time sink of trips to the 'mechanic', dollars for their overhead, and being without transportation while it gets fixed.

Kudos to you!

Becky Sue

(p.s. not that we had any doubt that you could work magic!)

David Clark

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a tendency not to Throw anything away without at least stripping all the usable parts (and even nonusable's for Core charges) before getting rid of it, and then I am hard pressed to get rid of it anyway LOL. Ol Yeller we Drove out here when we moved from Iowa to South Dakota, Burned the Top end of the motor out getting it here and lost 5 Studs off one of the rear axles as well, but we got it out here. Now she's a parts truck for the 89 Ramcharger as they both have 360's in them. Although I am seriously considering dropping that 360 out of the Ramcharger into the Road Runner. Might even turn the Ol Yeller into a Trailer Eventually. LOL.

6thGenImperial

Reaction score
Just another note on the cost issues. In Missawwwssippi, our car tag fees are based on value. Newer stuff costs more. In 2005, our new '05 PT Cruiser tag was approx $500. FastFwd 13 years, and it's $40. My'83 Imperial is like, $32. The real kicker is this is around 30% less than the tags used to run before the fees were reduced in the 1990's.

4speedjim

Reaction score
Old cars are cheaper and easier to fix and own than any modern car. And a far bit more enjoyable to drive.

Back