AAC/TA style exhaust on M body

84Furyus

Reaction score
Has anybody ran an exhaust system similar to the Cuda AAR / Challenger TA side exit on an M body?
I'm trying to decide on some of the stuff I'm going to do to my Gran Fury next year and exhaust is a big part of it but I was thinking I like this exhaust setup and wondering if it's been done to get a better idea.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
You mean Cuda AAR.
I would imagine the T/A exhaust would fit. Basically all you need are the mufflers, t-pipes with tips and the hangers. The pipes to the mufflers would be a custom deal. The parts are kind of pricey but are available.
TAchallengerkit.jpg

This one appears to have the AAR-T/A exhaust.
7117600003_large.jpg

84Furyus

Reaction score
You mean Cuda AAR.
I would imagine the T/A exhaust would fit. Basically all you need are the mufflers, t-pipes with tips and the hangers. The pipes to the mufflers would be a custom deal. The parts are kind of pricey but are available.
View attachment 32418

This one appears to have the AAR-T/A exhaust.
View attachment 32419
Yes AAR didn't realize my phone changed it.
I'm looking at custom building it from the dynomax super turbo mufflers and mandrel bent pipe. Was just wondering if it's been done since I'm sure the under side of these cars us a bit different

Aspen500

Reaction score
I know a couple guys that used to have AAR's and they did have to be careful on steep driveways because of outlet pipes.

84Furyus

Reaction score
You could move to Kansas, I hear it's pretty flat there... lol.
If that M of yours is a 2door and yur kids are gone from home,
I like your ideas.

It's a 4 door and no kids.

I'm thinking oval pipe/tips (maybe boomtube style tips if needed) so the exhaust is only like 1.5" lower than the body

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
I like oval tips. They have a unique sound you can't get from round or slash .
What are boom-tube style tips?
No kids eh, sigh.......... almost enviable. I love my kids but I'd be ok with seeing some of them a lil less often,lol. Twice a week is too much for me. Twice a month is better. 3 or 4 times a year would suit me just fine. It's not the kids so much, as the yelling,screaming, crying, bullying, unruly wild grand-kid brats they bring home. Oh Lordy give me patience! Why-O-why do they put up with that...........

Last edited:

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
Yeah those are 4-doors too, right., lol

OOPs that sounds like a poke at 4-doors; it wasn't meant to be. Makes no never mind to me how many doors your car has, nor mine, as long as there's one close to the steering wheel.

Last edited:

84Furyus

Reaction score
Now that looks cool! I might put those on my car, if they come in 3 inch or 7 sq inches equivalent.
I like wagons too, always have, I've had 3 since I first got my license.
That last pic is custom made and iirc equal to 4".
The easiest way to do it is to get yourself some small diameter mandrel bent pieces and cut and weld them into the shape you want (so if I make it for my car I'd make 1.5" pipe to fit around the spring mount and over close to muffler exit) then once the shape is done with the small tube and all welded your put it on a band saw and cut it down the center. Figure out how wide you need for the given height (for 2.5" equivalent would be 1.5"x3.7") and your trace and cut out sheet metal to fit between the halves and weld it all together giving you a 1 off pipe to fit your needs.

Last edited:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I like oval tips. They have a unique sound you can't get from round or slash .
What are boom-tube style tips?
No kids eh, sigh.......... almost enviable. I love my kids but I'd be ok with seeing some of them a lil less often,lol. Twice a week is too much for me. Twice a month is better. 3 or 4 times a year would suit me just fine. It's not the kids so much, as the yelling,screaming, crying, bullying, unruly wild grand-kid brats they bring home. Oh Lordy give me patience! Why-O-why do they put up with that...........
Because you put up with it years ago......lol

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
I tried to but that didn't work out too well. It just made me angry. All the time angry. It was easier to spank them and deal with the wife's not caring much for that. Hyup I restored peace to my house..... until they left home and several years later,they started having babies, and are trying logic on them; what a crock.Logic don't work on two year olds! Spank the suckers I say. It worked for me. Kids learn really fast, when the fear Daddys big right hand. In a few months they learned the limits and by age 4 or 5, they were good as gold. I can't even remember spanking after that.My wife seen it was working, and she made peace with it too. And 42 years later, we are still more than just together.

84Furyus

Reaction score
I tried to but that didn't work out too well. It just made me angry. All the time angry. It was easier to spank them and deal with the wife's not caring much for that. Hyup I restored peace to my house..... until they left home and several years later,they started having babies, and are trying logic on them; what a crock.Logic don't work on two year olds! Spank the suckers I say. It worked for me. Kids learn really fast, when the fear Daddys big right hand. In a few months they learned the limits and by age 4 or 5, they were good as gold. I can't even remember spanking after that.My wife seen it was working, and she made peace with it too. And 42 years later, we are still more than just together.

Yeah no kids and don't plan to have any, I'd rather do other stuff the rest of my life like play with cars.

Back