Alignment service panels

Camtron

Reaction score
so, I have the two front fender alignment service panels off the car . Installed aluminum k-frame isolators and Rare parts pivot pins and upper control arm bushings; still need an alignment done so, I’ve left them off.
Currently, they’re in a chem bath so I can save myself some scrubbing and what precious elbow grease I have left.
My question is, what do you all like to do to them? I’ve seen some polished, some painted, some painted and polished. Just looking for ideas/direction to go in. If you have pictures, that would be helpful.

volare 77

Reaction score
If the aluminum ones are in good shape I would try polishing them. If not, I paint them black.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
It's not a part I would want to draw attention to. I say maroon scotch brite pad and be done.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Depends if you have the aluminum ones or steel. Originally, the aluminum was natural and steel was painted.

Camtron

Reaction score
Depends if you have the aluminum ones or steel. Originally, the aluminum was natural and steel was painted.
I have the aluminum ones. They were bare on the engine side and had undercarriage coating on the wheel well side.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Since you live in chicago id paint them, they probably weigh as much as a 12 pack of al soda cans. It would suck to have them gone too if a cat converter collector seen them gleaming.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I stripped the undercoat from the back side of mine. There all natural, naked as a baby's butt.:)

Camtron

Reaction score
It’s garage kept unless I’m at work.
I refuse to pay the city for a city parking sticker on top of registration, on top of most public parking in the city being pay to park regardless so, I can’t legally park on the street to have to worry about cat converter thieves or scrappers; I don’t even have cats for them to thieve anymore lol
I grew up with plastic car panels and clips so the aluminum panels are almost like an accent detail to me. As to where jasperjacko wouldn’t want to draw attention to them, my eyes are always drawn to them. Idk, that’s why I was asking what you all have done.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well, my steel ones are painted Chassis Black on the wheel well side and the engine comp. side is, IIRC,,,,,,,Aluma-Blast (Eastwood paints). Could be Rallye wheel argent, just don't remember for sure anymore.
pic2.JPG

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Polished or chromed would look good to me. Chrome is so dang costly. Ive a set of hood hinges I powdered chrome so I wonder if a set of metal ones would look ok powdered coated?

Camtron

Reaction score
Finally pulled them for my parts sink. Decided to scuff up the wheel well side and went over it with a flat black rust preventative enamel. I’m going to give a go at polishing the scratches out of the engine side. if I can’t clean them up enough, I’ll just spray them with an aluminum or chrome paint.

14B349E4-1BB3-47B2-A085-1751CDBB482D.jpeg

Back