Am I missing something?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I go investigate a bit more.

Im really not sure at the moment, and its too dam hot in the uninsulated side of my shop to be looking.

But the light harness that plugs into the main harness has the yellow lead going to what I thought was a ground, but its not it goes into the passenger door contact switch for like the dome light, maybe the trunk light. ect. Not shocking it goes from a small wire to a larger one.

Ive alot of pics from the last car I parted I bet they can tell me.

DSC00061.JPG

DSC00062.JPG

DSC00063.JPG

DSC00066.JPG

Last edited:

DCAspen

Reaction score
Trunk light goes on the drivers side with the rear harness.Long orange wire goes to the console for the shift indicator light.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I knew that on the trunk light, it runs with the tail light harness in the upper rear quarter above the wheel well but what I dont understand is if all dont have the harness for the glove box light, ect... how does the opening the pass side door light the dome light, and if that harness isnt present on some how does the shifter light get lit?

Yea, there is the orange wire in question, in the pic you can see the pig tail for the light package in one arrow and in the other is the plug for the dome light to go on, on this car I left the harness in the dash when I removed it.

DSC09902.JPG

Last edited:

DCAspen

Reaction score
Dome light comes from the drivers side rear seat area to the roof,There is a harness for the door switch,that gets replaced with the light package harness,the console light is also a seperate harness,In your 2nd picture it has a splitter where it connects to the main harness.If there is no console the orange wire still has a plug.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thats makes sense, I didnt go look but Id take the main harness has a few provisions for light power (the orange leads) because on the ones I have the orange splitter runs off the light harness. Fun Fun. My memory sucks on things I dont pay special attention to, thats why I take pics. Sucks getting older.

Crazy how I ended up with only light package cars.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Brain fart here too,Orange wire is for the ash tray light,red is for the lighter.Glad I could clear that up for you.

volare 77

Reaction score
I was looking for another item today in my stuff and i came across a NOS 3843611 harness. I didn`t even remember getting it. I guess I will have to add the map light after all.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thats great ya found one, I only had mine because at some point on ebay it popped up for like $10 and little to ship maybe 8 years ago.

Sure wish I could fins a nos 76 inner harness, but I dont think its gonna happen. Im about ready to make a list of colors and find the best quality wire I can buy and replace wire by wire in one, all the metal connectors look common or can be reused.

DC, I looked at that sticker, it was for a turn signal part. Not sure why its there and not sure why I never tore it off.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Sure wish I could fins a nos 76 inner harness, but I dont think its gonna happen. Im about ready to make a list of colors and find the best quality wire I can buy and replace wire by wire in one, all the metal connectors look common or can be reused.

BUT I DID.

DSC03981.JPG

DSC03982.JPG

DSC03983.JPG

DSC03984.JPG

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
For the map light thing they got rid of it around 82 or before. I think the one I put in I tapped in to the power for the glove box light since it was right there and easy to get to.

Back