Back at the Heart Hospital

Justwondering

Reaction score
We've managed to avoid a hospital stay for nearly six months.

Did have one episode of outpatient surgery that had to be done in the hospital, but there was no overnight stay.

Until today...

In spite of our efforts, 16 pounds of water has to come off.... O2 saturation levels are bouncing below 90... and there is some pain at the drive line site. sigh...

Now both of the IV's are beeping.... jeeze I wish I had brought ear plugs with me.

JW

Master M

Reaction score
Certainly hope you get through this as fast as possible.

Justwondering

Reaction score
This is kinda good news, bad news.
Good news... we get out of here about noon or so today and head over to another doctor for a 2:45 visit to discuss failing heart valve.
Bad news ... apparently the storms that rolled through north east texas last night nailed my little portion of paradise . no electric since last night at 10 pm, power lines down everywhere, 9 of the 14 roads between my house and my dad's place are shut off due to downed trees and downed power lines.

So... in about 7 hours I'll be there and find out where the Mister and I will be spending the night.

Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt running with scissors.

lol

JW

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I’ve been dealing with heart issues for over twenty years now, in the beginning I was told that I had five years to live but I should get my affairs in order.
The Doctor that said those words twenty years ago is now my Doctor again, I had thought about this yesterday and have decided to remind him of his inaccuracies of the past and see if I can get a chuckle out of him. The Doctors can do wonderful things nowadays!

Justwondering

Reaction score
And here we are at the end of 2023...
All the paperwork is in order since this summer ... updates to wills, poa, medical poa, etc.
Have the house TODD finished and filed with the county clerk.

Workmen have been here two week and have another to go. The mister is trying to get a few things finished around the house so he doesn't die with me having to handle more projects.

Went to the trust and resurrected the Silverado. Hasn't been driven since April.
Finally cooling down here.

JW

Justwondering

Reaction score
The hard part for me is his mind is still active and with it.
His body is failing (joints, knees, heart, hands) but he can still kick my butt when discussing the best way to design relational databases -- and share the joy when I FINALLY figured out my obvious, simple coding mistake so that my javascript actually sorts my HTML table properly. (Yeah I know, we are both coding geeks.)
Neither he nor I every learned javascript so its been an blast sharing this journey with him.
One doc visit today -- no more can be done for his hearing in his left ear.

Echo and heart doc visit next week. Hoping to get the milranone reduced one more time.

JW

Back