Back on the road!

The Director

Reaction score
Been away for a while, and so has the car. I had to leave it stored a State away, but after nearly two years of sitting, it's back! And it still runs the highways just like before, and I finally managed to fix the awful braking on it. (Did the master cylinder and booster at the same time. Cleaned up something I battled for years, but didn't have the mechanical knowledge to figure that one out.)

Next is to eventually tackle the HVAC, which never worked since I bought the car. That, and a repaint. Not the rigged way of using Krylon from Home Depot like I did a few years back on the hood, but by a pro.

I wasn't going to let the first car I ever bought go out like that!

20230817_074232.jpg

LSM360

Reaction score
Excellent!

For HVAC one of the things you'll probably need to replace is the hard line vacuum connector behind the controls. They crumble apart after years. Not the easiest part to find.

Edit: I just found one on ebay that might work for anyone looking for one. I forgot how many ports ours have but this looks reallyyyy close.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134552583558?

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Cool! I've been trying to find time to get mine back on the road for a while... and i thought gas prices were high back when I was driving it lol

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
Excellent!

For HVAC one of the things you'll probably need to replace is the hard line vacuum connector behind the controls. They crumble apart after years. Not the easiest part to find.

Edit: I just found one on ebay that might work for anyone looking for one. I forgot how many ports ours have but this looks reallyyyy close.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134552583558?

View attachment 50755
hold up, they sell these!? i had to do the pain in the butt electrical taping them together, broke my radio in the process

LSM360

Reaction score
hold up, they sell these!? i had to do the pain in the butt electrical taping them together, broke my radio in the process
They don't come up often but you can use ones from other vehicles. I replaced mine with a truck one from around same year.

MoparDan

Reaction score
I fixed mine with washer fluid hoses years ago, and it still works fine, about the same time I'd found a junkyard '89 Fifth Avenue with a perfect one, but mine's a factory no a/c car so I couldn't use it, still grabbed it in case anyone else might need it (the yard didn't even charge me for it since they cared little about "that worthless old car") unfortunately it was lost when I moved to Florida...

Last edited:
Back