brakes catching and locking up when going downhill and throttle body replacement

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
I got rid of all the Lean-burn system and went old school--i installed a '70 BBD carter, and a new point-type distributor. When I messed up the front end, I had accumilated over 352,000 on the car.
yeah was probably the system freaking out that something had changed. all good now it seems. car runs extremely quiet now and just shakes a little but no "engine freakouts" as i call em now. i do think the guys at the shop messed up by transmission just a tiny bit but i can still shift into all gears

Camtron

Reaction score
yeah was probably the system freaking out that something had changed. all good now it seems. car runs extremely quiet now and just shakes a little but no "engine freakouts" as i call em now. i do think the guys at the shop messed up by transmission just a tiny bit but i can still shift into all gears
Trans shifting late or early now? That’s all in the kickdown linkage and it’s movement in relation to the throttle linkage on the new carb.
If the new carb physically moved the linkages position forward or back in relation to the engine compartment, it will have an effect on shifting.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
Do you miss that 18.5:1 AF mixture yet Indie guy?
yeah a part of me wishes the shop simply replaced the gaskets but the car is halfway decent now. but the replacement definitely gave it new quirks to replace the old ones.

Back