SOLD Bucket Seat Interior with seat tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Yes, shorter in profile is what I meant. Hopefully, it will go right in. I just need to get a day to swap things out. Putting reinforcement plates in shouldn't be much of a problem. I want do it "right" and replace everything with what I have collected, but might just put the 60/40's in for the time being. For later when I have more time, I have replacement A pillar covers, nice dash pad, a nice stereo dash top (2 smaller speaker holes), instrument cluster trim panel, working AM/FM/CV transceiver, reverse light, map light, all four plaid door panels, and I want to replace the carpet and install insulation under carpet too. Just need the SE three spoke wheel yet, or maybe a Grants "Tuff" wheel.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Jim, I haven’t changed seat types on an FMJ (yet).
Did you say the four bolt holes for a bench seat are in a different location than four outer bolt holes for buckets or 60/40 seats?

OY, there is a reinforcement under the floor pan, that inner seat track studs go through/bolt too. If I recall correctly, it actually has 4 stud holes in it. I have a bucket or 60/40 seat reinforcement in my garage – but don’t remember what it looks like exactly (been 10 years sense I stuffed it in to the far corner of garage attic).
BudW

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Yes Bud...the bench seat tracks mount further outboard than the outer bucket/60/40's.
heres the ps seat tracks:
100_1024.JPG

and the floor showing bucket holes and bench plugs:
(you can see the bucket/60-40 reinforcement plates on the inner holes)
100_1026.JPG

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, Jim!
I never had a need to change seat types – so now I know one needs to drill twice as many holes to make ‘em fit.

The reinforcement bar I have mounts under the car – from a ’84 police car – so it might be a police only thing (for police eating too many donuts??).
BudW

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Thanks Jim, the pics really help. I'm surprised I don't remember more about a swap I did back in the late '80's: I swapped out a '77 Volare wagon bench seat for '79 60/40's out of a Diplomat wagon. I don't remember it being much of a problem. That was a really nice wagon - mint green with green interior and the '60/40's were beige velour. I replaced front and rear seats, and also used the chrome strips and beige carpet in the cargo area. Had the car repainted in the original mint green color and drove it for years! These days, I might need to get the extra "donut" reinforcement bar! :D Also, to DCAspen: sorry for sorta hijacking your thread on your plaid bucket seats. They are a pretty rare item and I hope somebody takes advantage of your offer. ;)

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
I ran into that cat hump in my 1980 2dr-Volare;buckets/console car
The factory buckets were done and the tracks fell apart.
I got me some GrandPrix buckets and that's when the adventure began. The Drivers seat went in OK. But I ran into that hump, now with no factory tracks. And so I spaced the P-side bucket up higher so the GP trax worked. And then I had to level it from side to side. This all worked out OK cuz the wife now sat a bit higher. But thru the back window(sport-back) you can see the height difference. I always thought one day, I would raise the D-side up to match. But the car got older, and older and now it hasn't been on the road for three summers, at least.............Rust got to her, so she's a gonner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back