BUYER BEWARE!

MOPAR MIKE

Reaction score
I was looking for a part on this forum, another member "Tomkross" messaged me about a guy that may have what I'm looking for.
He provided me an email contact for Robert Hills.
Emailed him, he had what I was looking for & agreed on price.
Payed him with Pay Pal using family & friends sent to shebanmganga@aol.com, not a large amount.
Last contact was 7/26/21 email.
Sent him a screen shot of the payment as he requested.
He said that he would send me a tracking number.

Well, no tracking number ever came. I have tried to contact him thru email several times, no response.
Also message Tomkross who recommended him, no response.

If something changes, I'll update this.

LocuMob

Reaction score
That's why I add the fees into what I pay for, and use the regular business method. It's worth the extra few dollars to be secure and protected.

I feel for you, and glad it wasn't a large amount.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Never pay with family and friends, you have no recourse to get your money back.

slant6billy

Reaction score
This sucks. Folks, the honor system on this forum or any of the mopar community pages or forum is something to be proud of. Stuff happens to delay shipping, but when people go silent or drop off / drop out and ignore the phone calls or emails, it then looks like it is: Bad actors. When a good forum gets affected by the infiltration of a bad actor or bad recommendation it reflects badly. One would hope the transactions and interactions would be like two neighbors help out each other. For the most part on this forum it is. Message me with the part you were looking for. If it is in my excess pile of misc Volare/ Aspen stuff, I would just need an address to ship to.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I always reference post count and join date of the user in question. If the person has been around for ages and is active in the forum it puts my mind at ease with dropping a large sum of money on parts.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I see the party in question joined on July 25, 2021 and you say July 26th was the last contact so, it does look bad. I mean you never know for sure. Something tragic might have happened and they can't reply but more often than not, it was a scam. Personally I've never had one iota of problems buying, or selling (or giving away), to members here or at Aspen and Volare and that's the way it should be, and is 99% of the time. I just simply have no tolerance at all for criminals, liars, scam artists ( or terrorists, murderers, rapists........etc). Sorry, people like that grind my gears.

Camtron

Reaction score
Looks like he was last logged on this past Monday. Maybe @Tomkross will pop back in and send you a message; or maybe not.
That’s really unfortunate and shitty either way.
I’ve made a number of purchases on here and haven’t had issue but, there always seems to be that one person waiting to ruin it for everyone.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
:oops:

Screenshot 2021-08-08 at 13-02-52 Tomkross.png

MOPAR MIKE

Reaction score
This sucks. Folks, the honor system on this forum or any of the mopar community pages or forum is something to be proud of. Stuff happens to delay shipping, but when people go silent or drop off / drop out and ignore the phone calls or emails, it then looks like it is: Bad actors. When a good forum gets affected by the infiltration of a bad actor or bad recommendation it reflects badly. One would hope the transactions and interactions would be like two neighbors help out each other. For the most part on this forum it is. Message me with the part you were looking for. If it is in my excess pile of misc Volare/ Aspen stuff, I would just need an address to ship to.
That was my reason for posting, try to warn others.
I have had alot of good people on here help me out with parts & information.
It is what it is, I'll be better informed on the next transaction.

Back