Can it be Saved or is it Toast?

Justwondering

Reaction score
You could just say the phrase that first comes to my feeble mind ....

Suck it up, Buttercup!

Bwa ha ha ha ha.

Sun is shining and days a wasting.

JW

Duke5A

Reaction score
Always wonder why people join a site, post a couple times and then never again. Oh well, such is life. :)

In this particular instance the car probably met its fate in a scrape yard after the owner realized the amount of work involved in replacing those rails.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
One time, in 1978, I sortof inherited this beautiful 74 Duster with a blown set of heads (all bent valves). So after installing a nice set of heads that I had, she was gonna be my DD. So a quick trip around the block was in order. Well about 15 minutes later, I was crossing some tracks at about a 30* angle to the road,doing 50mph, and Shazzam!, just like that I was headed for the ditch. Thank goodness the ditch was very shallow and I only popped the RF tire off the beads . So there I was,sitting on the side of the road, at age 25, contemplating life.
After I got it home, the car went up on the jackstands for a full inspection.
What I found broke my heart. You know how the inner aprons are supposed to be welded to the firewall along the back edge, to make it a Unibody? Well the passenger side wasn't anymore, and the only thing that was keeping the K-frame from folding up was the the fact that the right front stub frame was tearing out the floor, and I guess the T-bars..
The car was 4 years old, and worth 350 bucks with a good frame; so I scrapped it Crap all that work for nothing. I had paid 50 bucks for it, about 5hours labor at the time.
I still have the engine and trans. They got freshened and became my winter engine........ in year 2000 ........... lol. Then in 05 installed into my son's D100, which 8 years later, (in 2013) came back to me.
The point being, knowing what I now know; I wouldn't drive OP's car anywhere.

Last edited:
Back