Carlisle Nationals 2018 - F bodies!

JohnRogers

Reaction score
One year we had 4 rows like this, maybe some day again.

View attachment 30762
I’m out of touch. I expected more F-Bodies at Carlisle, although full disclosure the last few times I was there I didn’t seek out F-Body row. I expected a few more Super Coupes, T-top cars and tricked out wagons.

So Norwalk OH is next? Then Columbus? I probably won’t make either of those. I’ll be curious about attendance.

What about out west like California? What is the big Mopar show?

It will be interesting to see if Carlisle was a fluke or a sign of good things to come.

volare 77

Reaction score
I never been to the Mopar Nationals in Columbus so I don`t really know how many F bodies show up there. There seems to be a good amount of F bodies out there but getting people to bring them out it is sometimes a challenge. They never seem to have gotten the respect of the other mopars 1972 and prior since a lot of people consider them as just decal/spoiler packages. I don`t recall any big Mopar shows in Cali. but I found this one by searching online Chrysler Performance West - Mopar Spring Fling & Fall Fling BTW, I would be surprised to ever see four rows of F bodies again as most probably have met their death a long time ago and are parted or scrap.
For me, I have a special place for F bodies. I have had other mopars and they have come and gone but the F body will be the one I have until I die.

Last edited:

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Carlisle is so big, that I never even got to the Car Coral or any of the buildings before I melted in the heat. My focus this year was on the Swap Meet. I covered that almost completely and it was fun to actually be able to find F parts. I get kind of bored with the show itself after while. There are SO many cars that are modified and it's focused so much on the Muscle Cars, that they all start to look alike. Out of all the A bodies, there were only a couple that were stock. I would like to see more stock survivors and more of a variety of Mopars. :cool:

JohnRogers

Reaction score
Carlisle is so big, that I never even got to the Car Coral or any of the buildings before I melted in the heat...I get kind of bored with the show itself after while. There are SO many cars that are modified and it's focused so much on the Muscle Cars, that they all start to look alike...I would like to see more stock survivors and more of a variety of Mopars. :cool:
That reminds me an otherwise unremarkable 1980 Volaré coupe was in the Survivor Tent.

I was disappointed no hot T-top F or any F was in the car coral.

kitcar Chris

Reaction score
Thanks to all that came out to help me lighten my stash/hoard. I did very well. But need more to go. I re-upped for the same spots next year!! 5 days went by like a blurr!!!!!!

kitcar Chris

Reaction score
Chris, if you run across a NOS left front air dam end piece let me know.
If I run across it, it will be in pieces!!! Lmao
Kidding of course. I only have two NOS wheel flairs at the moment. Left rear rear and I believe a right front rear. I have two used front spoiler corners but, one is busted up bad. Not sure which side. The other is thin. So not sure it's a factory piece. Kevin got the original front spoiler I had painted when I redid that yellow R/T back 18 years ago or so. But I'll keep an eye out for a corner for you.

volare 77

Reaction score
If I run across it, it will be in pieces!!! Lmao
No, don`t need one like that. I already have one. LOL I guess worse case I could buy the First Place complete front kit and save the rest for spares. Probably will bust up another sometime in the future who knows.

kitcar Chris

Reaction score
First place no longer exists. Fritz passed a few years back and his wife sold off everything. There is another company making them now. You can buy them off of Ebay. Just run that one so if you brake it, so what! Lol. I bought a first place one a year before Fritzs passing. They were spot on!! Still have it at home in a box for future use.

Back