chrysler cordoba Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I can remember seeing a couple of them running around, way back when. Haven't seen any in eons though.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I can do nicer.

397_red_80_s_convertible.jpg

kkritsilas

Reaction score

There are not many. Exact numbers are hard to determine, as they were all third party conversions, and there was more than one conversion company. It is hard to buy a car like this and be assured that it will be a good car long term, especially sight unseen. A good convertible conversion requires a lot of chassis reinforcement, and outside the factory, anybody doing the chassis reinforcement is guessing where it should go and what form it should take. Some will be good, some (dare I say most) won't be. In addition, this car is from Cape Cod, so there is probably a lot of salt spray induced corrosion/rust.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Over the years I've seen some aftermarket convertible conversions that were done very well, and some that you'd almost think were done by a monkey in their backyard. Come to think of it, I've seen factory 'vert's (the ones done on unfinished cars at an outside vendor like ASC or others) that weren't really all that well thought out as far as structure. Early '80's Mustang's come to mind. Can you say cowl shake?

80mirada

Reaction score
My Sister and husband had a red 77. There used to be a gray 81 Mirada and a red 83 Cordoba near Cedar Rapids. The guy was big Mopar guy and had mostly oddball stuff

Jonno

Reaction score
Nice car, likely a lot of fun, would depend on the rust whether to buy it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back