Clifford, the big red car...

ramenth

Reaction score
Right on, Robert! Good to see everything is still progressing

After cutting this thing apart I told that kid the next one's on him. :thumbsup:

Really, though, I want him to get as much work in as possible. That means when the Cordoba comes back in we'll have to hit and hit it hard as I'll more than likely need the body shop back sooner rather than later.

Erics5th

Reaction score
Wow, my hat is off to you and your son! :icon_salut: If you son wants to keep the slant, have him check out www.slantsix.org. There are a lot of guys that know how to make a slant REALLY run there!

ramenth

Reaction score
Wow, my hat is off to you and your son! :icon_salut: If you son wants to keep the slant, have him check out www.slantsix.org. There are a lot of guys that know how to make a slant REALLY run there!

I believe he's already been combing through the threads over there.

Right now, I'm just trying to convince him to leave the engine relatively alone on any mods, concentrate on the body, and getting upgrades done that will make sense for a teenager driving the car during the summers. Decent fuel mileage, good suspension, good brakes.

Happy horsepower can be devoted to his Duster build. Then maybe we'll revisit the slant for more ponies.

And I'll make one small correction: Jamison's my nephew. Everybody refers to him as my son. :icon_biggrin:

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
you're doing alot of good work with your nephew showing him the ropes. There's nothing wrong with a good running slant six,let him get used to driving the car and then he can upgrade as he sees fit to do.Whatever parts you have left over that you do decide to sell will help him get other parts that he will need in the future.Good luck.Cars will come and go but memories last a lifetime.

Erics5th

Reaction score
Son, nephew, whatever. Your showing a young man the joys of cars that will last a lifetime! :thumbsup:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Excellent work guys! Had to resurrect my Caravelle from the dead too. AND kept the Super Six as well. Git-R-Dun!

ramenth

Reaction score
you're doing alot of good work with your nephew showing him the ropes. There's nothing wrong with a good running slant six,let him get used to driving the car and then he can upgrade as he sees fit to do.Whatever parts you have left over that you do decide to sell will help him get other parts that he will need in the future.Good luck.Cars will come and go but memories last a lifetime.

Son, nephew, whatever. Your showing a young man the joys of cars that will last a lifetime! :thumbsup:

That's really why I'm doing this. There's really no sentimental attachment to the car, like some of the ones I own. Penny being in the family since '91, my dad giving me his Barracuda, my grandfather driving my F250 off the dealer's lot. Jamison's Duster has been in the family since '80.

If we beat the bushes we could have found another J-body that was cleaner, for less than we'll have wrapped in this one when it's done.

I've never been a value guy. You know, the how much is the car going to be worth when it's done attitude. I usually walk into my builds as this is the car I want, so I'll build it.

The kid wanted the car. His sister gave it to him. Now, he's gonna learn the skills it takes to put one together. He'll appreciate it more. He'll learn how frustrating it can be, how rewarding it can be. He can look at the car with pride when his friends are making fun of it for not being newer or a Honda or whatever and know they bought their's, he built his. He'll be able to share those skills and memories with his kids and his grandkids.

By the way, Erics5th, I took no offense for you calling him my son. When his deadbeat dad took a walk I've had big hand in raising him. Thankfully, now his mom's with a good man who really loves the kid as his own. There's still those times, when he and his sister can be handful, that Uncle Robert is called to step in and set the kids straight. :whip2:

I look at this, for all intents and purposes as a father/son build. Hell, my M-body is a father/son build. And my dad's 70. Never too old to enjoy good times with your family.

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
yes i am doing the same with my son(26 yrs old)(into the honda's)but he does come over to my place and helps me work on my current project(s) 69 RR & 85 ramcharger and he does help his girlfriend's dad work on his 68 chevy truck that is in my garage because where it was at before, the person that lived in the house was stealing the spare parts and selling them to support his drug habit so i told him he could bring it over to my house for safekeeping.

Back