Asking $1,500. for the package.
PM please. Located in Utica, MI

I am under the same name on MoParts, A, B and C Body forums and a long time
participant on dodgecharger.com

I thought that this would be the best site for these parts... :thumbsup:

Thanks.

greymouser7

Reaction score
With respect, That price is very steep. THese are not 1971 Barracuda's, 68-69 Chargers, 70-71 challengers...

many of the people here operate an FMJ vehicle, and restore it for less than that amount of money. If you truly value those parts at those prices I would sell you mine for One thousand dollars. We built an entire car for less than that: http://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/cla...e-quot-BlackBird-quot-build&p=41208#post41208
I apologize for any offence, I just cannot understand why people ask so much when the wheel flairs are remade for $355 on eBay, and a spoiler runs $100-$200 dollars.

odcics2

Reaction score
With respect, That price is very steep. THese are not 1971 Barracuda's, 68-69 Chargers, 70-71 challengers...

many of the people here operate an FMJ vehicle, and restore it for less than that amount of money. If you truly value those parts at those prices I would sell you mine for One thousand dollars. We built an entire car for less than that: http://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/cla...e-quot-BlackBird-quot-build&p=41208#post41208
I apologize for any offence, I just cannot understand why people ask so much when the wheel flairs are remade for $355 on eBay, and a spoiler runs $100-$200 dollars.

No offense taken. I understand the repops are lacking in quality. Well, that's what I was told, anyways...
Keep in mind there are all NOS parts, not even used in the slightest bit. I hope to get some pics later today.

p.s. I understand where you are coming from. Have to start someplace... I already had a "dealer" asking about them. What does he know?? :dontknow:

odcics2

Reaction score
photo - including 'barn find' dirt from decades of just sitting...

aspen & volare spoilers flares NOS.jpg

odcics2

Reaction score
Hey greymouser7, back in 1976, I broke down outside Maclennie (spelled wrong??) right off 10 between 75 and 95! Had a trans hose bust, repaired it with a spare spark plug boot! lol...

joeblo

Reaction score
Rule number one of selling - Never start out asking less than you want.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
There are repros available that are extremely good quality. The person making them is on this board. From what I recall, the material from the reproduction pieces holds up better over time than the factory issued parts do.

Kostas

greymouser7

Reaction score
Hey greymouser7, back in 1976, I broke down outside Maclennie (spelled wrong??) right off 10 between 75 and 95! Had a trans hose bust, repaired it with a spare spark plug boot! lol...

The back roads that you are talking about are awesome for driving some ole Mopars, but Friday/Saturday night the cops will pull you over for looking different as their form of probable cause, and if they pull you over, they will ticket you for ANYTHING wrong now. It seems that this is a major source of revenue for some counties.

Went to Valdosta in my 1973 Road Runner, at night got a ticket because the light bulb over the license plate was out.

On Highway 23, between me and Macon, Ga (middle of Georgia) I got pulled over driving the same car, in traffic, with traffic-at their speed, and got a super speeder ticket, the wife was following me, and pulled over. She got a super speeder ticket also.
My speedometer was broke. Four lane road, very large grass divide (over a hundred feet wide) between each set of double lanes. Evidently 76mph was twenty over the hardly posted 55mph speed limit...in traffic, I did not see that sign. 1973 Road Runner, must be racing...was upset about that. The Road Runner sits as low as my Civic on the Road-you cannot see past other vehicles.

I love the drive, am alert and wary about local law enforcement-I guess that is one more thing to chaulk up to the belly-button crowd, if you look the same, you don't have a target on your back.

I would rather drive my old Mopars no matter what.

odcics2

Reaction score
There are repros available that are extremely good quality. The person making them is on this board. From what I recall, the material from the reproduction pieces holds up better over time than the factory issued parts do.

Kostas

What would a complete set of repop parts cost??
I guess NOS would be in the same ballpark, right?? Or maybe more?
I'd like to see these go to a good home and also put some cash into my engine machining! :headbang:

gtsdude

Reaction score
asspen pits.jpg
A NOS set at that price may be worth it to some one resorting a rare Aspen or Volare that came with those and wants the part #'s to be correct. But not many people restore an Aspen or Volare to that level, not yet any way. Most of the time a repop is good enough. IMO the NOS set should be worth more than the repops but finding the right person to spend the $ on the NOS parts is the tricky part.

asspen pits.jpg

odcics2

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea if they repop all ten pieces? If so, what's the total?

odcics2

Reaction score
So, if I get an offer around a grand for all NOS originals, that would be fair. Thanks.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
i don't have an interest either way, just pointing out possibilities to those interested. I don't even have a Volare or Aspen, just J bodies. I originally read about the repros in a Mopar Action/Mopar Muscle article on the car that the patterns were taken from.

Kostas

BHA43

Reaction score
I feel my ears burning! I didn't want to jump in on odcics2 thread but since I got drug in thanks for the props! A nos set would be a score for someone! I prob. would have been a buyer at one time. Are they all the ABS? I have ran into some later ones that are the thermo plastic like the bumper fillers. And BTW mine are NOT the ones on Ebay that are prob. from Louisiana, I've heard some horror stories about them. I got the pick up go carts done now and my sign shop is working on the decal pkg. The red one is mine and the black one Rattletraps. They will be LRE and Midnight Express. Please excuse the body shop dust!
20150309_01.jpg
20150309_02.jpg
20150309_03.jpg
20150309_04.jpg
20150317_02.jpg
20150317_03.jpg

20150309_01.jpg

20150309_02.jpg

20150309_03.jpg

20150309_04.jpg

20150317_02.jpg

20150317_03.jpg

odcics2

Reaction score
Mine are all ABS. Any buyers out there? Make me an offer...

Need some engine machining $$$!!! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back