cop car wheels

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I've had 6 sets of 15" cop wheels but never 8"s always 7".

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The cop wheels are still being reproduced and I think 8" width is an option. I don't think you will find any 8" on sale here, though.
I'm eyeballing cop wheels - but affording 10 wheels (two cars, with spares) at once is a bit pricy.

By the way, most people who are sellers, only keep an eye on the For Sale/Wanted section, so this post should have been placed there.
BudW

aspen1978

Reaction score
still getting used to this site. was on a bodys sold that car. got a b body and am a member there. and now a f body. thanks for the info.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I've heard the aftermarket wheels are not the same gage metals as the mopar wheels.
What made them HD cop wheels in the first place.

Ele115

Reaction score
I got mine from wheel vintiques. They have all different width and offset. I have two 10 inch rims for my slicks. They really aren't much more than people are asking for the original chrysler wheels (they think they are gold or something) and you don't need to media blast them or anything, they are ready for use. They sell caps too.

They have holes for center caps so they will work easily on Super Coupes and Magnums

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Ive never understood the allure of the cop car rims as they used to be a cheap cheap alternative to the SC/KC 15x8 and the 15x7 Magnum GT/Ramcharger rim. The cop car rims are neither more or less HD then the rims I mentioned.

Id only want a cop car rim myself if I had a, well cop car. Until recently.

Ive a couple nos sets of the argent magnum 15x7 rims I will sell for 120 a rim. But now the silly centers and caps are stupid money which maybe us why the CC rims are a better option. And ive no extras to give up of them.

You guys would gasp at the number of cop car rims ive tossed, given away or sold for $10 a rim or just put on a roller that I had the junk yard guy pickup.

But oddly ive grown to like the look of the CC rim with the cap on it.

If anyone is sitting on a set of vintage steel saw blade rims (cheap chrome rims back in the day) id do some serious trades, im trying to do a certain car as it was in the late 80-s and I cant find the rims I need.

Still I dont see the rims listed in the link overpriced, and Id not worry about hurting one with the most spirited driving, ya hit curbs and shit with any rim its gonna bend.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
The only thing I've ever used them on is my car trailer, 5 on the trailer and four in the basement is all I've got. I had to replace the spare on the trailer after twenty five years because it rusted out from the outside.

Ele115

Reaction score
I have had to replace a few on my old B Body cop cars and aftermarket is the way to go. I didn't feel like paying $100+ per wheel then shipping and restoring them. I hate cleaning the brake dust off the front wheels though. Vintiques is the way to go but you have to pay shipping unless you find a local tire store that can get them for you, but most don't really do that stuff anymore. If you don't want those big ugly black stage coach wheels from their Chip Foose catalog, they don't want to bother with you.

Aspen500

Reaction score
LOL, Big ugly black stage coach wheels! Seems like every other newer Chevy Silverado we see in the shop has those things, along with the other "me too" fad, the front end leveling kit. UGLY doesn't begin to describe them.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
When did taking your brand new truck and having box liner sprayed on it become a thing, I've seen a new Chevy and a new Dodge this last week. Fugly.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I saw an almost brand new Chevy truck with the entire truck, except windows, lights, etc., sprayed with bed liner about 1/4" thick. Of course, it also had the black cartoon stage coach wheels and huge chunky tires, 6" lift, sewer pipe exhaust on the Duramax. FUGLY. Wonder just how small his weiner is anyways? lol Pay $50,000+ for a new truck and then destroy it. More dollars than sense I guess but, to each their own.

Ele115

Reaction score
There's a new Challenger hellcat on the end of my street sprayed in that crap. When he goes to sell it, if it isn't totalled, I doubt if anyone will want it. Stripping that crap is no fun. About 2/3 will peel right off, and the rest will have to be chiselled off and stripped to metal, which on a modern car will warp those thin crappy tin panels.

Ele115

Reaction score
LOL, Big ugly black stage coach wheels! Seems like every other newer Chevy Silverado we see in the shop has those things, along with the other "me too" fad, the front end leveling kit. UGLY doesn't begin to describe them.

Do you choke on the weed, three black ice air freshners, and cocoa butter when you get in to move the truck?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Someone post a pic of these "wagon" wheels, I just cant grap wth your talking about.

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
6-5.jpg

Ele115

Reaction score
OMG I smell the government cheese and meth all the way from here

Back