Cordoba Filler Panel

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
The rear filler panel on my '82 Cordoba has started to crack, along the bottom. Has anyone successfully repaired theirs?

Cordoba1

Reaction score
You sure can. The rear valance and extensions on this car were all fixed with fiberglass, epoxy, and sand-paper. I bought those plastic replica pieces, but they were really, really bad. It turned out to be much easier to fix the existing units. Wasn't that hard. Fiber is very forgiving. If you sand too much of it, just add some more, cover in epoxy, and sand again.
81DobaRear.jpg

81DobaRear.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You sure can. The rear valance and extensions on this car were all fixed with fiberglass, epoxy, and sand-paper. I bought those plastic replica pieces, but they were really, really bad. It turned out to be much easier to fix the existing units. Wasn't that hard. Fiber is very forgiving. If you sand too much of it, just add some more, cover in epoxy, and sand again.
View attachment 10324

Very nice!!!

BHA43

Reaction score
I should have both Mirada and Cordoba panels later this summer

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Yes -- Used a little bit of Bondo for the final finish. As far as angles go -- these weren't that far rotted. There were a couple of missing "chunks" -- but what the fiberglass did was really stiffen the whole assembly. They no longer flexed like the originals do. If they are really far gone, it would be a lot more work. Mine were mostly intact, save for a few spots where the valance meets the bumper.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
What color is your car painted is it a factory color? Is it solid color or metallic? Looks real nice, mine needs a repaint, yours looks real clean that color!

View attachment 10324

Cordoba1

Reaction score
This car was originally white. I don't recall the exact color name, but this was a budget paint job at a budget body shop. This work cost $1,400 US. I asked for "extra clear" -- and the shop obliged. The only downside to the budget products, was the paint lost a lot of shine after about year 3 -- but I was also fairly hard on the paint (read: An occasional trip through the automatic car wash).

81DobaAngle2.jpg

81frontside2.jpg

81passside2.jpg

81frontside2.jpg

81passside2.jpg

81DobaAngle2.jpg

Last edited:

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
Your car looks beautiful. Its years since I've worked with fiberglass. Did you remove the panels from the car first? Or did you put the fiberglass cloth underneath the panels, and cover with resin? Thanks again.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
It ended up being a combination.. Since I first removed the parts to try the replica plastics, I rough-glassed them off the car, then worked them to shape after re-installing.

Slodoba

Reaction score
Wish I had known about this sooner. Still playing with my crappy replica plastics extentions
8f93a296af4fa181d5ec96590b4a9087_zps8ss2rbsl.jpg

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Is it a straight color or a metallic?

This car was originally white. I don't recall the exact color name, but this was a budget paint job at a budget body shop. This work cost $1,400 US. I asked for "extra clear" -- and the shop obliged. The only downside to the budget products, was the paint lost a lot of shine after about year 3 -- but I was also fairly hard on the paint (read: An occasional trip through the automatic car wash).

tim berry

Reaction score
hows it going BHA43 ive seen the flairs you've made they look real nice . ive been working on making molds for the cordoba . we might save each other some time . I started thread in the exterior thread titled rot in the rear quarter extentions . ive progressed to the final sandings almost ready for making the mold . I wouldn't mind swapping notes

Back