"Crush all those Vipers" orders FIAT!

My imp

Reaction score
The Viper story just made our local news on Fox 8 morning news. The entire Viper fleet is to be crushed. Chrysler lost millions in two lawsuits. CYA baby! But, playing Devils advocate, they took the easy way out. Leno tried to buy the very car from the Puget Sound school. He still could. It isn't like he doesn't, or hasn't had his own fleet of every ltd edition Viper out there. This WOULD be a museum piece for him. The lack of emission equipment alone would sway a man commuted to the enviorment that he follows solvent, paint, & other applicable laws from street driving the Viper. Chrysler's a multi-billion dollar corp. You mean they can't write a contract freeing them of any liability on a car they disposed of? Everyone wants to place, but not accept blame for anything. Knowing only what the media wants us to know, it'd seem all blame lies with the university. I'm sure it wasn't a "handshake deal" where Chrysler told them the terms of the donation. Chrysler didn't break the terms of the contract, the school did. Unless the accident was caused by so many emissions incompacitating the propel involved in the accidents, or were above max governor speed, the fault lies with the school. Another famous saying, "No good deed goes un-punished!". The school shit the bed, & don't want to sleep in it. Now they're appealing to the masses to fix their F up. You can't really compare the other companies mules. The Viper was so departed from anything Chrysler ever did. Ford had the Cobra, GT40, & many other programs. Chevy had Cheetah, Chapperal, & a boat load of deals with other companies. Chrysler had Andy Granitelli & STP . Briggs Cunningham iirc purchased his drivetrains outright, no sponsorship. Chrysler tended to stick with production based racing. It's not my car, nor my business what they do with the fleet of Vipers being crushed. It's just a shame.

JeffB#2

Reaction score
The Neon was a great little car....

They're just like a Timex, takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

Bought a Neon new in '95. I still have four of them now - 3 Nitro Yellow-green '95s and an immaculate '01 ACR, I drove the wheels off a '96 (stripped it and junked it) and sold off a flipper '95 a while back. My first one turned into my fun car, was going 12.30s with it a few years ago and having a blast, no turbo or bottles either. I'll be driving Neons for a solid 15-20 more years if I can help it. Hard to justify the incredible cost of new cars with tons of "technology" that I don't want and some of which the gov't thinks we all need. I can fix these things in my sleep and they're damn easy to work on.

Along with that I've had my Super Coupe since '89 and we bought the Volare wagon 3 years ago.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
They're just like a Timex, takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

Bought a Neon new in '95. I still have four of them now - 3 Nitro Yellow-green '95s and an immaculate '01 ACR, I drove the wheels off a '96 (stripped it and junked it) and sold off a flipper '95 a while back. My first one turned into my fun car, was going 12.30s with it a few years ago and having a blast, no turbo or bottles either. I'll be driving Neons for a solid 15-20 more years if I can help it. Hard to justify the incredible cost of new cars with tons of "technology" that I don't want and some of which the gov't thinks we all need. I can fix these things in my sleep and they're damn easy to work on.

Along with that I've had my Super Coupe since '89 and we bought the Volare wagon 3 years ago.

They are great cars in their own right.
I've never heard anyone who owned one say a bad thing about them and it's a known fact that some of the packages right out of the box are fast as hell.
I'm into mid size and land yachts myself....I'm a die hard M body guy
But nothing bad to say about the Neon.

gtsdude

Reaction score
I just picked up a 97 neon sport, 2.0 DOC auto, 4 door, surprised me how quick it is when it gets up in rpm. Gets 28-30 mpg, paid $375 bucks for it cause a brake line was rusted and the kickdown was sticking on the trans. Fixed it and put about 15k on it already. I can see why they want the vipers crushed from the company stand point, none the less it is a shame.

5N75K65Fa3Ea3F83L7c7i523218c9df661a42.jpg

Back