Custom M body gauges

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Not sure if you are set on using these particular gauges but a while back we had a pretty decent thread on Dippy.org about this...back then I remember that AutoGauge was sporting a pretty nearly identical looking set of gauges to the OEM look 'n feel.

I forgot the name of this set, but someone at that time was considering doing that replacement. Keep in mind, they did NOT come cheap!!! grrh....

brotherGood

Reaction score
Yeah, its a lot easier to see when you're driving/sitting there looking at them, however its not perfect. I'd like to figure out how to get connectors on there..not just for ease of removal, but also to help consolidate the wiring. I've got so many power and ground wires spliced into one, its kind of a pain. Im going to definitely swap the tach and speedometer hole, its reversed from everything else I drive. I didnt realize that until driving this set up (even though the speedo doesnt work).

Ill probably stick with this set until I luck into finding a set to match this Tach. I bought this from someone on Farleys years ago and have only ever seen one similar. I have contacted Autometer twice to see if they could somehow either see if some were in backstock since they're not being sold anymore, or could be made via custom shop. Both were denied. I'm just glad to be at this point finally. I was worried for a bit that I wouldnt be able to use the factory dash..just gotta figure out how to retuck the wiring harness now that the heater box isnt there.

Back