Diamond in the rough

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You know why I love F,M and J bodies. When you go to a show, you see 596 Road Runners, 261 Cuda's, 341 Super Bee's. But if you're lucky you cruise up on a '78 Aspen with a done up Slant with headers and doggies. In my book, that's cool. Post 'em if ya got 'em.

Last edited:

efriedrich

Reaction score
I'm going to look at this 78 LeBaron friday. Were can I get a vinyl top and a headliner?

Lebaron.jpg

Lebaron 3.jpg

Lebaron 2.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Headliner you can do yourself, a vinyl top shop can do it for a reasonable price. my buddy had his done on his 83 buick regal, turned out great and wasnt to badly priced, i know his was a lil higher cuz he had the company make the belt trim for hi as he didnt like the original

efriedrich

Reaction score
Headliner you can do yourself, a vinyl top shop can do it for a reasonable price. my buddy had his done on his 83 buick regal, turned out great and wasnt to badly priced, i know his was a lil higher cuz he had the company make the belt trim for hi as he didnt like the original

I guess thats what I will do. Im sure they will have some ideas. I guess I was just thinking along the lines of matching the original color and texture of the top. Can you be more specific about the headliner.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Missing a eagle from the tail light. Missing the rear driver's wheel well moulding. That's $200, if there is still any. Then the clips that hold it on. Well good luck on those. Not easy.
Then with it sitting on dirt and leaves, make sure you check the driver's front frame rail and the driver's side between the lower fender and door.

efriedrich

Reaction score
Sweet ride!

I already started looking into getting it painted and a new top. I also began pricing tires since I will probably paint the steelies and go with some dog dishes I just picked up. Spring is coming and I want this baby looking sharp. No kidding your Caravelle and Dr Lebarons ride is mainly responsible for me changing gears from my 5th ave and going the 2 door path.

qurtuba

Reaction score
Wow that is one beautiful Le Baron. I love those coupes. I had a friend I used to have a class with back in 79 that had one exactly like this but it was light blue with white vinyl top and white leather interior. At that time I thought it was some kind of Rolls Royce or something similar...that's how fancy it looked to me.

efriedrich

Reaction score
Missing a eagle from the tail light. Missing the rear driver's wheel well moulding. That's $200, if there is still any. Then the clips that hold it on. Well good luck on those. Not easy.
Then with it sitting on dirt and leaves, make sure you check the driver's front frame rail and the driver's side between the lower fender and door.

He has a lift, we are going to put it up and look it over real good. I know parts will be hard to find, but that's part of the fun. Hell I'm used to it I have been looking for odds and ends for for 69 big block Barracuda for thirty years.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
He has a lift, we are going to put it up and look it over real good. I know parts will be hard to find, but that's part of the fun. Hell I'm used to it I have been looking for odds and ends for for 69 big block Barracuda for thirty years.

If it's a frame lift and not a drive on, check your frame rails BEFORE you try to pick it up. I've seen more than a few of them go crunch.

efriedrich

Reaction score
Just got home with it, I'm trying to load pictures now. I can not believe how solid this baby is. I have had a blast with it all day. I got a lot of ideas. I already got the original tranny at Wedans speed shop in Indianapolis getting rebuilt, It was slipping and the PO changed it out for one he had laying around. The car was located about 3 hours from were I live. Got up about 6 this morning and took off. First thing I did before driving the three hours home was take it to a jiffy lube and had the oil changed then I took it too a car wash and cleaned off about three years of dirt. I was smiling like a big dummy the whole way home. Its all you fxxkers fault. lol

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Just got home with it, I'm trying to load pictures now. I can not believe how solid this baby is. I have had a blast with it all day. I got a lot of ideas. I already got the original tranny at Wedans speed shop in Indianapolis getting rebuilt, It was slipping and the PO changed it out for one he had laying around. The car was located about 3 hours from were I live. Got up about 6 this morning annd took off to go look at it. First thing I did before driving the three hours home was take it to a jiffy lube and had the oil changed then I took it too a car wash and cleaned off about three years of dirt. I was smiling like a big dummy the whole way home. Its all you fxxkers fault. lol

Glad to be of assistance. if I had any part in you buying that baby than I sure as hell don't feel bad about it. Congrats man, that's awesome! Post 'em when you got 'em. Can't wait to see her wearing doggies.:icon_super:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Just got home with it, I'm trying to load pictures now. I can not believe how solid this baby is. I have had a blast with it all day. I got a lot of ideas. I already got the original tranny at Wedans speed shop in Indianapolis getting rebuilt, It was slipping and the PO changed it out for one he had laying around. The car was located about 3 hours from were I live. Got up about 6 this morning annd took off to go look at it. First thing I did before driving the three hours home was take it to a jiffy lube and had the oil changed then I took it too a car wash and cleaned off about three years of dirt. I was smiling like a big dummy the whole way home. Its all you fxxkers fault. lol

Let me know what you need for it. I know you need a tail light eagle. sometimes I can find weird stuff.

Back