Do cop cars still exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
One modification that, altho not factory, was pretty common (at least in my ol' man's department) is the installation of a toggle switch to disable the brake lights. More of a DIY customization, really.
That little "trick" learned as a boy, was destined to be a teenaged-me's favorite and essential modification in later years.
Nothing too nefarious, I'm no felon. But there's times in a teenaged boy's life when a law-enforcement presence could be considered, uh...inconvenient.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
my father has done that in many of his rides, and currently his 85 5th ave and 74 chally both have this done lol

YY1

Reaction score
We had a Township cop that would occasionally pull the wires off of one headlight.

Famous last words- "Naw, ever see a cop with headlight out?"

They also had about half a dozen 6 cylinder Fairmonts, but ONE with a 302. Which one's behind you?

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
By the way, am I missing anything that would be different between a cop car and a regular Diplomat? I'm not very familiar with what constitutes a cop car.

You'll also usually find HD suspension/wheels/tires, larger brakes, multiple ground straps, rear door opennings have re-inforcement plates around the strikers, certified speedo, basic "easy-to-clean" interiors, oil/trans/steering coolers, silicone hoses, gusseted/extra welds in unibody structure (frame cars, i.e Crown Vic's, get an HD frame)...they are build stronger and tougher than a civie model. It's better to find a clean 'package' car than try and truly clone one (beyond cosmetics).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back