Do we have any musicians here?

brotherGood

Reaction score
I'll put this here because it's somewhat music related, but man it pays off to be able to work on instruments. A while back I picked up a guitar from someone at work for 30 bucks. I fixed it up, and listed it for sale Wednesday..sold it this evening for 120. All I put into it was a spare neck I had laying around (free) a new loaded pickguard from amazon (11 bucks), and a set of strings (6 bucks)...all in all, a good return, and I'm thinning out the herd.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Musician wise I have something really big afoot, but you will all have to wait just a bit to find out what it is.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I've been a working musician since 1980....yes I'm old now....lol. I have 4 jazz albums out which you may have heard if that's your thing. I've done tons of session work so you may have heard that too without even knowing it. I primarily play guitar but also play keys, drums and anything with strings (banjo, mandolin, etc.) ......and being a terminal juvenile type musician I just picked this up to add to my collection.

20161204_200319.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
I've been a working musician since 1980....yes I'm old now....lol. I have 4 jazz albums out which you may have heard if that's your thing. I've done tons of session work so you may have heard that too without even knowing it. I primarily play guitar but also play keys, drums and anything with strings (banjo, mandolin, etc.) ......and being a terminal juvenile type musician I just picked this up to add to my collection.

View attachment 18515
That is sweet

kkritsilas

Reaction score
How is a P93 different than a P90 (big fan of P90s, and mini-humbuckers, too)? Wine Red color really works well on the ES335-ish type body. Never really liked the cherry color on ES335s.

brotherGood

Reaction score
I've been busy flipping guitars lately. I picked up a 3/4 scale as a repair job a while back..then talked the owner into investing in a full size. Found one that needed work, so I'm making money off that one now too. Just gotta sell that 3/4 size now that it's not needed anymore. Lol

For myself, I just got a new wireless setup for my guitar now that I'm playing again at church. Still have a few to build, but until I get some sort of a woodshop built back up, that won't be happening

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
How is a P93 different than a P90 (big fan of P90s, and mini-humbuckers, too)? Wine Red color really works well on the ES335-ish type body. Never really liked the cherry color on ES335s.

My typo ......they are indeed P90's. No hum and they sound beautiful.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Here is my custom T
IMG_20161225_093713.jpg
ele Thinline. Nothing thin about it except the thin neck with a 17 inch non compound radius neck. I can get a good hold of a bend without touching the next string. Nut is one of the widest I could find and the same with the bridge. It has really good playback (no mud)

Darth-Car

Reaction score
It looks like Santa thought the Captain was a good boy this year. That is a nice looking ax.

Back