Dodge Dart "elevated" booster

Greg55_99

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone that's done a big block swap in an F body has ever used the elevated 8" A-body booster for clearance?

916646570_L_1d4be2a7.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have that same exact setup in my garage (along with my Turbo brake booster, mentioned elsewhere).

I don’t see any reason why it won’t work - but I just don’t like the way it looks.

Matter of fact, I have that brand new (only touched a couple of times) setup that I would be happy to sell dirt cheap, if anyone wanted to find out if it will work, or not.

Just shoot me a PM, and I can get you set up.
BudW

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
I used that set-up for a bit. It did not work well with the 292/508 cam. I liked the look of it and really wanted it too work. Alas I had to pull it, in favor of a single diaphragm, which did work, and has continued to, since about year2000.
When I say it didn't work well, I mean because of the low idle vacuum of that cam it was slow to bring the booster on line.Building vacuum was not something that cam is known for. In fact I don't think that engine vacuum-peaked until over 2400 rpm,which woulda been 20mph in first;(I had a 4 speed with 3.55s and a 2.66 low). I always had to rev it up and charge the vacuum chamber, before backing off my yard. In traffic, it might lose it's charge, and I would find myself without boost.It seemed to have a high vacuum requirement.
It worked ok with a 270/280/110 cam. This cam vacuum-peaked much earlier and at a higher number.
That booster came off a 340 car, where it had been working just fine. The 340 cam was a 268/276/114

Last edited:
Back