does anyone have a spare dome light?

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
i pulled apart the dome light i took out of my 83. twisting wasn't doing anything so i used a tool to pull it apart, this cracked the top sadly. would anyone out there so happen to have a spare? if not i can live with there being a crack in it. thx

IMG_20240123_153627288.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
That's a ticket light. Fleet car only but the plus side is it's not mopar specific. Thsts an older style that might be harder to find. If you're ok with a newer looking one it should be a lot easier to find.

s-l1600 (75).jpg

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
was hoping to find a matching old school style one. a lot of this police spec stuff is seemingly impossible to find

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Mike's right, it's a generic ticket light. You can probably find another one if you look long enough on ebay. I think there was a specific light in the parts catalog, which I don't have in front of me, but this isn't it anyways.

PursuitSpecial

Reaction score
That one looks really good internally. Mine was rusted up where water leaked through the bondo they put in the roof hole for the siren wires, but a brass brush and some vinegar cleaned it up and it still works. I'd say put some super glue on it and call it good.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
That one looks really good internally. Mine was rusted up where water leaked through the bondo they put in the roof hole for the siren wires, but a brass brush and some vinegar cleaned it up and it still works. I'd say put some super glue on it and call it good.y
you wouldn't so happen to have the top to it still? if not i'll just let this one ride as at least i didn't break it in half. i'm happy it was so good on the inside but i did have to kill the spiders that took up residence. looking into how to install it in my 88 now. i took the wires. seems it links off of the cabin light with the yellow and pink wires? i should have got better reference photos. might need to retrofit this cabin light since it has a bypass on it?

IMG_20230918_140140022.jpg

Last edited:

dart1962_440

Reaction score
Post a picture of the electrical connector. I have a few new ones and may have what you need.

Ele115

Reaction score
For future reference these lights are still commonly available. They are WIDELY used in commercial everything and usually run under twenty bucks

Ele115

Reaction score
These are widely available, they go out of production all the time until the shelves start to become bare again. They are in stock all over the place. Local places usually have them, if not you can search the part number. This is Trucklite 80427. They put these in truck cargo compartments, mail trucks, military, under the counters on RV's, in semi trailers. I see new vehicles come in daily with these. They are cheap and easy to install. They will always be available, and now you can get them in LED

Try here for 80427
Trucklite Led Dome Light Interior Light. 80427. | eBay

Grote makes them too:

61161 GROTE Dome Light Round Clear White | eBay

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
i'd always thought these were a vintage product as any searches brought up CVPI dome lights. thanks. looking around it seems my light is a "GROTE" 9110

Ele115

Reaction score
Most of the old OLD ones you will see would have a Dietz number on them. They held the original patent on them. Then everyone started making them after the patent ran up. They are in everything fleet because they are cheap and people with a single digit IQ can install them in seconds on an assembly line. They put them in everything you can imagine. These things will be in production for many years to come

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I haven't seen the old style ones in ages so it's nice to know they're still pretty common to get. Everything gas switched to the more normal current rv lights or the newer style ticket lights.

Back