Does Your Car Have Its Data Tag (Fender Tag)?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Im excited beyond words, in dealing with a member and general conversation a car came up Ive had for several years, my canopy RR that im looking for some trim for in the wanted section.

Well, the member here owned the car at one time and has found the fender tag. And is sending it to me. Ive sorta held back on this car because of the missing tag so its sorta like getting the whole car all over again.

Does your tag mean that much to you? Im so anal about tags and I just cant believe that by luck the member here had owned the car and now im getting the tag back on it.

volare 77

Reaction score
Mine was missing. I prefer to have it but I`m not too worried about it or I wouldn`t have bought the car years ago.

Gator

Reaction score
It means something it helps validate our cars ,but it wouldn't stop me from building a car

Ele115

Reaction score
Mine all have them except the 68 Fury. You can get replacements made but I can't find the guy's info now that I need it. I actually don't care that much about the buck tags as I don't plan on running any of my cars across Mecum any time soon. They do come in handy if the car has been drastically changed and you have no other history

kmccabe56

Reaction score
Im excited beyond words, in dealing with a member and general conversation a car came up Ive had for several years, my canopy RR that im looking for some trim for in the wanted section.

Well, the member here owned the car at one time and has found the fender tag. And is sending it to me. Ive sorta held back on this car because of the missing tag so its sorta like getting the whole car all over again.

Does your tag mean that much to you? Im so anal about tags and I just cant believe that by luck the member here had owned the car and now im getting the tag back on it.

Unless there was something absolutely unique about a car that I couldn't pass up, I would not buy a car without a fender tag. If the broadcast sheet was available and intact, I would accept that as a substitute.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I received the tag today, cant thank the prior owner enough. So my quest to have some of the more oddly optioned 1975 built F-s took a step forward today with this tag now validating the car. I knew it was correct when I bought it and being an internet sale I had assumed it had a tag on it. My halo top runner has its tag and so does my pumpkin (Orange/Green Stripe) landau runner. And this car im posting about here is also a manual trans car which just make its all the better.

Being a nobody I still feel the only F-s in the future that will sell well are complete cars with docs. I dont feel a 318 car is a issue anymore since a $1300 cast stroker kit makes a 318 a 390 tq monster.

V4 coded A57 Car.

DSC00099.JPG

DSC00100.JPG

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I'd take the rarest, cleanest most documented Fbody and make it whatever I wanted it to be because I m not going to live long enough for it to be worth anything.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Lucky for us you dont have a rare, clean, documented F body, too many are mucking them up as it is.

Last edited:

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
There are many cars out there that are built to enjoy and the tag means nothing to that, and in that I have the utmost respect. But personally I don't buy anything without a tag. No tag is a blank slate and that is preferable to many. I prefer to know what it is as delivered and I tend to buy only the better optioned and rarest variants because that is what I'm into. To each their own. I fully realize an F-body tag proving it's rarer than any of those earlier "muscle cars" may never mean a thing to collectability in the larger market, but I do enjoy knowing what I have. If you know who I am, you know which cars they are. Most know me or have at least seen them over on AnV or Facebook even though I don't post pix often. I don't wish to list them as if bragging about what I've accumulated over many decades of searching but I am privately very proud of my collection. It's all based on documentation of what is and sometimes what should not be. It makes me happy. Even if others in the larger community don't get it. They don't have to. I didn't buy them, for them. I see you also enjoy knowing what you have XFX. I mean, who would believe a pumpkin car, with a rare landau top at that had been built if not for the tag? Nobody would believe that combination without documentation! I have a Landau Runner too. Early 76. Maybe not as special as yours, maybe it is, but special enough in it's own way despite being kind of a rotbox and yet very mechanically sound, that a 318 car with lousy 16" radiator were destined to make their way into the herd. Canopy is also seemingly rare despite being made for two years of Plymouths. I know a guy with the trim, but he wants like $150 plus shipping out of middle Indiana. I think I only asked $100 for the set I sold off a local junker and there was no shipping since another friend was making a trip to that general direction many hours away. But you know how it is. It's all worthless junk and worthless knowledge unless somebody knows you need it and can't find it anyplace else....

Oldiron440

Reaction score
About the only Fbody I would like to have that could be concerned collectable is a Super Coupe and I'd want a low mileage no T top that I would do a gen 3 turbo swap to. I'd make it live up to its lame name.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
How rare is it for there to be two fender tags. I own two J bodies, and they both have the dual fender tags. Looking at all of the codes, it is easy to see that the options would never onto one tag. Is this something that is more common on the Js, or is is common on the Fs and Ms?

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Its not really rare, the se and premium cars are more apt to have two tags. For the RR and RT cars its not as common from what ive seen, t tops or sunroof alot of times comes with other options and will have two tags but the second tag isnt exciting. The couple I have with two tags, well, it sounds better then it is, the second tag is more or less radio codes and unexciting.

There is a member here with a T top RT with two tags and its cool as it reads kinda like a higher end option car with If I recall the second tag is like 1/2 full.

I know of one premium car that if it had one more option it would need a third tag.

Im not surprised cars in the m and J area have two tags since many seem to have alot of luxo options, but honestly ive never seen an m or J tag.

In a perfect world at least for me bring into the runners, the less options on the tag is better imo as it falls in line with the spirit of the early runners that were simple low option cars.

Back