Driving Off Into The Sunset

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Greetings To The FMJ World!

For those of us still around, and who can remember back far enough, I put Darth Car on the market in the Fall of 18, when I was no longer able to drive. I had my share of lookers, but I am happy to report he has left for his new home with a young fellow in the Golden State. There was no question on price; the young man paid the full asking price of $4,995, because he had long been looking for the car driven by his favorite TV character Mike, on a show called Breaking Bad. Apparently Darth Car fit the bill.

Here are some pics of him leaving on the enclosed auto transport carrier. The young man spared no expense to insure his new ride had a safe trip across country.
IMG_20200312_1314.jpg
IMG_20200312_1318.jpg

I have enjoyed all of you for many years, and wish you all the best, and many happy Mopars. My car love affair will now be ending after a long life time of romance through many four wheeled affections.

Be good to each-other. Be good to your families, and be good to your cars!

Camtron

Reaction score
That is awesome. Take care good sir

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thats outstanding!

Makes one wonder after watching the vid.

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I think its Great DC got his car sold and for the right money, I feared hed die with it as it was, but it only takes that one persons eye to catch.

brotherGood

Reaction score
I'll pull the ad on facebook. I figured I'd keep recirculating it on marketplace until I heard back from anyone..then I'd pass it along.

Glad you were able to get what you were asking, it is a true cherry considering how Ohio is to cars.

If you're going to the HotRod Power Tour stop at the fairgrounds, let me know. This time the car will actually run..ha.

Duke5A

Reaction score
It went to a good home, no doubt. Covered transport is not cheap! I'm glad you got what you were asking for it. Seeing as how clean you kept that car I thought you were asking the right price.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Well Darth Car, I am going to miss you. It sounds as if you are leaving the forum now that Darth Car is sold. I hope that you are alright, although I suspect that some personal difficulties may be involved as you have said previously that you are unable to drive anymore. Even with Darth Car having a new owner now, you are always welcome even without him. I have always appreciated that you were a thoughtful and pleasant member, never sniping or criticizing. Darth Car is a lucky car in that your patience seems to have insured that it has a new owner who knows the importance of what they have and will further insure that Darth Car becomes one of the few cars to last long enough to become a true antique. To me, that is a worthwhile endeavor. I do hope that you continue to participate on the forum as you can, and if not, I wish you the best on your drive forward! Old Yellow. ;)

Justwondering

Reaction score
Jeeze Brian --
You make it sound so morbid...
Think of all the lovely tales you can share as your teenager gets bold behind the steering wheel!
Your wife will miss hearing about our amazing mopar tales if you ditch the forum.
And, my hubby will miss hearing about whats up in Dayton.
That car is going to continue its pampered life...suh weet!
You'll have to check in to find out if my Fifth Avenue has a shimmy at 65 mph because of u-joints or needing an alignment...

JW

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
nice to see breaking bad has people interested in fifth aves. dude really spent a pretty penny to insure that car to. thats one clean fifth. glad its off to a good home

Darth-Car

Reaction score
You are all very kind with your generous thoughts, and words.

There are a handful of various interest Boards that I have been affiliated with over the years; some that I moderated, others like this one I just participated in. I can say this Board ranks in my top 5 for good, quality people to associate with.

Back