Dumb things on food labels

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I never thought of removing the kid first , how is he supposed to learn to swim?
And you can't give Benadryl to drunk, pregnant, driving, children who can you give it to?

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's like all the warning labels on my lawnmower. Don't put fingers under deck, muffler may be hot if engine has been running (MAY be hot?), etc.
They could all be replaced by one label that says "USE COMMON SENSE" and then perhaps one more underneath it that says "If you don't have any common sense, do NOT use this product". Seems a good majority of CAUTION and WARNING labels, after you read them or interpet the pictograms, all you can say is "DUH, No shit". That's my opinion on it anyways.

You're right, all those labels to warn people not to be a dumb ass are only there because some dumb ass did it and then sued the company for not warning them about it.
Different than stupid stuff on food labels like the container of salted peanuts that says "Allergy Information: Contains peanuts". The hell you say! Never would have guessed that one.:rolleyes:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I used to write production and test procedures for manufacturing of electronics. I wrote very clear, detailed, but also long procedures. one of the work study students used my procedures as a guide for writing some procedures of his own, and because he was a work study student, I had to review his procedures prior to releasing them for use. I made some suggestions, and he said that his procedures were fool proof. i recalled a quotation that I had heard at some point in the past, and it said "you sir, deeply underestimate fools.."

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
hanger-warning.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yep!

The problem with warning labels is, first you have to be able to read AND comprehend what it is saying and then,,,,,,,,,follow the warning using common sense and logic. Seems too many people can't read and have no common sense. Why else would they eat Tide Pods, to cite one example of many. Guess I see the problem. Keep out of reach of CHILDREN. It's teenagers that are eating them and you'd think they'd not be so stupid. A 3 year old putting it in their mouth I can understand but by the time you hit puberty, you are all out of excuses. Then again, I had parents who cared and did actual parenting so maybe I just got lucky and never did anything so idiotic. Not that I didn't do dumb things but the dumb things weren't dangerous and stupid, just dumb, especially thinking of it 40 years later, lol.

th?id=OIP.jpg

Last edited:
Back