Emergency - TV Show from the 70's

Justwondering

Reaction score
Its Saturday night..
Just finished figuring out the id and password so hubby can connect to hulu on his tv.
Tough day for him.

I'm sitting in the living room channelsurfing and run across Emergency! from the 70's

2 observations:
1. Breaks my heart every time they wreck a perfectly great car so they can stage an accident
and
2. Is it just me or is the commercial for the 'moonpod' chair just a 2022 version of a 70's bean bag chair?

JW

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Starting in the '60's (or earlier), if you see a "staged accident" on a TV show, it an "already wrecked car" on loan, before vehicle is sent to a salvage yard. If you see the car in process of accident, then yes, that is a different story.
Making steam or a minor flame is nothing for most prop dept's.
BudW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Even some of the cars in the process of a crash are sometimes patched up enough for the camera ones that have already been wrecked.

Know what you mean about seeing them wrecked but at the time they were just used cars. It's like now when you see a 2010 model crash and think "so what?". Then again, 30 or 40 years from now you'd still think the same thing about a 2010 get wrecked, lol

Kramer79

Reaction score
I just remember the theme song, and a vague memory of a cousin picking me up to go home and watch it… must have been reruns or was it still on mid 80s?

Justwondering

Reaction score
elle -- thanks for asking.
He is waiting for word back from the structural cardiologist about replacing his aortic valve in his heart.
Had to do the 3 ctscans twice because the professionals at the other office last month did not perform the scans properly.
So we drove another 200 miles round trip to do it a second time at a different facility.
And those professionals struggled to accomplish the goal as well.
both with contrast.

Got access to the write-ups today so I'm expecting sometime this week to find out if they got what they need or if we have to do it yet again.

So

We wait.

But to be fair, he has been very consistent on watching his fluid intake and his weight. Down 32 pounds in 21 days. 5 days in the hospital at the beginning to take off 18 pounds. The rest he's done on his own ... lol with the help of fluid restriction and diuretics.

Hopeful this will be the last major heart surgery for him.

On a brighter note, I've found the perfect carrier for an LVAD patient.

Double carry radio holster/vest. Has just a bit more structure than double handgun holster/vest. And more support across the upper back/shoulders to take the battery weight stress.

JW

Back