exhaust gas recirculator vacuum timer?

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
badaboom!
But your not done yet! you still have a few more checks.
A) The whistle, altho extremely unlikely, could be caused by a broken or defective fitting between the vacuum supply line and the booster; that black plastic thingy or
B) It could be that your control valve inside the booster is not fully seated. The diagnosis for this is in three parts, with a retest after each one;
1) check to to make sure the brake pedal is stopping all the way up against it's stop and NOT hanging up on the brake switch. If hung up, fix it.
2) loosen the bolts that hold the booster to the firewall, and, with the engine running, just pull the booster towards the radiator no more that .25 inch.
If the whistling continues, the booster is boofed. But
3) If the whistling stops, shorten the pushrod about 1/16 inch, reassemble everything, then retest.
If the whistling stops, yur done. But
If the whistling continues; then replace the booster.

Deano

Reaction score
I'll try all these at least 4- 5 times each because I am not having ANY luck finding a new or reman unit. The closest thing I could find is sending mine off to have it rebuilt.

Deano

Reaction score
Still squealing. Has anyone else taken their brake booster out? Sweating, cussing, contorting myself like a damned pretzel... The pin for the plunger was hitting the brace/bracket under the dash, fought with that for an hour or so. I ended up going back into the house, taking a dump, and reassessing the situation. I had to go in from the engine bay with a flathead screwdriver and prying the bracket apart just to get the plunger loose. Looking forward to driving it, turning heads with the looks of the car, not "What in the hell is that god awful squealing coming from?"

Now I get to wait on the rebuild and the process of putting it back together.

Back