F body buckets and console/shifter

kmccabe56

Reaction score
I don’t have any prices or parts to offer ya.

The console and console mounted shifter would be a 2-door option (only).

FYI, they have Bench seats, 60-40 seats and 40-40-20 seats (floor-mounted center arm rest thingy) or 40-40 seats with console.
4-doors/wagons have the first three versions mentioned above, except for consoles (from factory).

The 4-door/wagon seats will not work for a 2-door (will not fold forward to allow for rear passenger entry).

The bench seat bolt pattern (on floorpan) is different between bench seats (2 or 4-door), than the other three versions are.

If adding a console into a car that didn’t have one before, make sure to take pictures and plenty of measurements – so to get the brackets back in same location as well as shifter hole location. Having both cars side by side is extremely handy.

I don’t see why a person couldn’t install a console into a 4-door/wagon – if one wanted to.
BudW
The console was also available on Sportwagons, not just coupes.

kmccabe56

Reaction score
The console was optional. Standard was buckets and a column shift. As far as that goes, if somebody ordered bucket seats in a sedan (and I scrapped one that had them), there's no reason it couldn't have a console too.

upload_2019-5-15_10-55-55.png

barbee6043

Reaction score
My 76 Roadrunner has high back buckets. Did these come in the roadrunner. I see a lot of low back buckets in F bodies.

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
yes highbacks in 76 and 77. mostly adjustable headrest buckets later except the duster in 79 and prob a couple others.
the early highbacks ave very comfortable if in good shape.

barbee6043

Reaction score
yes highbacks in 76 and 77. mostly adjustable headrest buckets later except the duster in 79 and prob a couple others.
the early highbacks ave very comfortable if in good shape.
The volare I am considering going to buckets is a 79 I will redo as a slant duster. I rather make it look right for what I will make it. So you are saying the 79 duster and RR packages are high back buckets. I have a 76 RR with those buckets and like you said, they are comfortable.

Magnum Aspen

Reaction score
A previous comment said they modified a split bench seat to create a set of bucket looking seats. The previous owner of my car did this as well. He also fitted a console from what I believe is a late 60s A body. Many, but unfortunately not all, parts are available for these consoles as reproductions.
Aspen console..jpg

barbee6043

Reaction score
A previous comment said they modified a split bench seat to create a set of bucket looking seats. The previous owner of my car did this as well. He also fitted a console from what I believe is a late 60s A body. Many, but unfortunately not all, parts are available for these consoles as reproductions. View attachment 35579
Any part for that A body shifter is easy to find used.

kmccabe56

Reaction score
I don’t have any prices or parts to offer ya.

The console and console mounted shifter would be a 2-door option (only).

FYI, they have Bench seats, 60-40 seats and 40-40-20 seats (floor-mounted center arm rest thingy) or 40-40 seats with console.
4-doors/wagons have the first three versions mentioned above, except for consoles (from factory).

The 4-door/wagon seats will not work for a 2-door (will not fold forward to allow for rear passenger entry).

The bench seat bolt pattern (on floorpan) is different between bench seats (2 or 4-door), than the other three versions are.

If adding a console into a car that didn’t have one before, make sure to take pictures and plenty of measurements – so to get the brackets back in same location as well as shifter hole location. Having both cars side by side is extremely handy.

I don’t see why a person couldn’t install a console into a 4-door/wagon – if one wanted to.
BudW
Sportwagons were available with a console. Buckets were standard.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
I'd put my 367 :) into it with the Commando/GVod,:) and an 8.75Trac-Loc I got set up:) and waiting. Then some HD suspension, big-N-littles:cool: custom slapper bars,:cool:and so on.
I like what you've done to the interior:cool: so that would be staying. And yellow is growing on me:cool:, so that would also stay.
But somewhere on that car, I'd be putting some FormulaS badges :confused:and a HURST emblem:D.
Forgive me if I install a hitch:oops:.
Oh yeah, I'd be taking out that 230*cam, and swapping in monster:D torque. I'll be targeting 190/200psi.
I got time this winter, ;)and Lord willing, :cool: I'll getter done. Then, if I can get across the border:(, I could maybe come over and take you for a spin:); you got a helmet:eek:? Then a couple of drinks,:confused: and a photo shoot,:) some Zso_O and off I'd toddle:) . I always wanted to go down the East Coast:D. At 66, I might not have too many more opportunities:p..... You know how that goes...;):cool::Do_O

Back