f body windshields

Status
Not open for further replies.

alf44

Reaction score
Contact seller
can anyone tell me what other windshields will fit a 79 volare 2 door? diplomats or labarons, are they the same as a volare?. i cannot find any good used glass in my area and was wondering what other glass will fit,,, thank you in advance ;):wave:

alf44

Reaction score
My 1981 Plymouth Gran Fury is the same. Even uses the same trim around the window.

is that a 2 door or 4? will the front glass from a 4 door work? i can find only 1 windshield in the whole southern Mn. and i dont really like the owner of the junk yard,, kinda snotty and very high prices. that windshield of his is 75.00 and has scratches. thanks for any advice

BHA43

Reaction score
2 drs only
76-80 vol/asp
77-82 dip
77-81 leb

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
before u buy a used one check auto glass places the guy in town when mine was broken it was replaced for 200bucks the new window was 100 and 100 for installation new glass is so nice looking and it was in stock its really worth it.

NoCar340

Reaction score
If you can wait until spring and don't mind a road trip, some of the yards I frequent are littered with F-bodies. Most are a bit of a drive from here. There's one a couple of hours up the road that had at least 20 the last time I was up there, as well as a couple of M coupes and a lot of sedans. I'm 100 miles due north of Green Bay.

alf44

Reaction score
If you can wait until spring and don't mind a road trip, some of the yards I frequent are littered with F-bodies. Most are a bit of a drive from here. There's one a couple of hours up the road that had at least 20 the last time I was up there, as well as a couple of M coupes and a lot of sedans. I'm 100 miles due north of Green Bay.

that would be way to far for me to drive, but ill try the glass companys around me

NoCar340

Reaction score
I don't know how far you are from the Tomah/Sparta WI area, but I went with a friend to a few private yards down there several years ago that had a number of F-bodies lying around. I don't know how to get you in touch with anyone in particular there, but maybe a few well-placed calls to parts stores, auto shops and the like could get you a lead.

alf44

Reaction score
I don't know how far you are from the Tomah/Sparta WI area, but I went with a friend to a few private yards down there several years ago that had a number of F-bodies lying around. I don't know how to get you in touch with anyone in particular there, but maybe a few well-placed calls to parts stores, auto shops and the like could get you a lead.

im 50 miles south of st paul Mn, so it would be a long drive,, i dont need windshield till springtime. but now am looking for a windshield for my 5th.. and my dakota got a cracked glass too !!!! to much crack going on,,lol

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
the new glass I found was 100 and it was OEM manufacturer. Pilkington is oem also just quick searching in rockauto I found a 4door front glass for 134 NEW for a 77 aspen

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
From a friend of mine.

I CAN SEE!!!! New windshield

I had SafeLite install a new green tint windshield, they manufacture replacement glass for our F-Bodies.

My OEM glass had numerous small scratches and some micro chips.

I'm a happy, happy dude.

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
im 50 miles south of st paul Mn, so it would be a long drive,, i dont need windshield till springtime. but now am looking for a windshield for my 5th.. and my dakota got a cracked glass too !!!! to much crack going on,,lol

you can get new glass for the 5th ave yet, just got one a couple years installed in my 5th

alf44

Reaction score
i found 1 at safelite auto glass and they have 1 in my area,,,, 288.95 installed... wow. will have to wait till spring as she is in a winter sleep outside

alf44

Reaction score
you can get new glass for the 5th ave yet, just got one a couple years installed in my 5th

found 1 for my 5th at 244.00,, i will need to think on that 1 as the 5th will be a parts car for the volare

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I've been looking for over two years. Nothing that I can get my hands on. Did find one in a Cordoba at the wreckers, believe it or not, but my friend cracked it trying to get it out. That's the closest I have come for the 1982 Blue Mirada (base). I ended up buying a 1980 Cordoba with an intact windshield, and then a 1981 Mirada CMX (in red with a white fake convertible looking top), also with an intact windshield. Still looking for a windshield for the Blue Mirada.

Kostas

Last edited:

alf44

Reaction score
i feel sorry for anyone with a old ride looking for parts.. good glass is very hard to find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back