Farleys Page

brotherGood

Reaction score
I know some of you on here used to frequent Farley's page (dippy.org), but I logged on earlier and noticed that there hasn't been a new post since May. I can't imagine at that rate how much longer it'd stay afloat, so I'd suggest pulling as much info before it gets lost.

Sad to say as when I got my M in 2010, that place was THE go-to..and it helped me learn a lot (and meet quite a few people) along the way.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Yup, sad to see that forum dither away over the past few years. It certainly was the mecca for all of us F/M/J-body fans for a number of years!

I still periodically check-in, but as you pointed out, there really doesn't seem to be much activity on that site anymore.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
@Reggie

I tagged Reggie for this thread. He's been on here occasionally

When I bought my Diplomat, I went to that forum first to look around for information, but didn't see much activity, so then I came here

Justwondering

Reaction score
I was there years ago but it was getting overrun by bratty folks with catty remarks. After Dr. LeBaron died it seemed to lose its way. So here I am.
JW

dm330

Reaction score
I used to frequent that site and Mike's Chrysler Fifth Avenue page back in the 90's and early 2000's, and then more recently since buying my current 5th Ave. There is a lot of good info there for people new to these cars. Fortunately, there's a lot of help here and at Allpar.

Duke5A

Reaction score
The site changed hands a couple of times and things got salty. It was a small tightknit community and many of us curated the place in addition to developing the library section (Reggie did most of the work on that). Then Frank sold it to Allpar without any notice and we felt slighted to say the least, but we stuck around. Allpar was a good steward to the board, but they eventually sold all of their sites and Farly's included to some scum ass web holdings company. Started getting trash, clickbait ads embedded onto the site. Said fuck it and came here. Never looked back. I had been posting on that place since '02 when it was hosted on that free forum site that tossed up Flash ads overtop of the content. I'm really dating myself here.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember the shock when it sold to Allpar (and the subsequent upset feelings when they added a simple subsection to keep up with current stuff). At that point I felt it took a pretty decent hit, but then when Allpar sold..I agree, it became trash.

It's unfortunate too, because the wealth of info there is still applicable now as it was when it was new. I've given serious thought to documenting a lot of it to shareable PDFs, but that creates the issue of sharing other people's stuff. Being on the internet is one thing, having it on a hard drive is another.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
You'd think there would be a way to crawl that entire site, archive it, and post it somewhere as read only pages.

Reggie

Reaction score
Hey guys. Mike @Mikes5thAve and I worked our asses off on the Library for the good of the Farley's community because the site was owned and operated by an M-Body enthusiast. We downloaded pretty much all of our Library content from Farley's after Frank sold it to the former Allpar owner. I don't like being pimped, so I went back and inserted copyright notices in all of my content and never touched the Library again. Sadly, there are plenty of fantastic and informative threads that were never converted to Library topics after the sale.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
@Reggie and @Mikes5thAve poured their hearts into that effort, and it paid off big time while the site was "ours"...only afterwards to have the proverbial rug pulled from under our feet!

When all this happened we had some heated discussions on the forum on this very topic. I for one objected to OUR IP (Intellectual Property) being monetized and the efforts we all went through (to various degrees) becoming a honey-pot and an income generating stream for the NEW owner!

Last edited:

Fresh Air Inspector

Reaction score
Hello All,

For what it is worth, I tried to join Farley's Page earlier this year. Despite numerous follow-up emails I received no response. This tells me the site is on 'life support' only. If it is possible an effort should be made to retrieve the knowledge that resides there. It takes a huge amount of effort to recreate a knowledge base from scratch when an old site goes down.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Hello All,

For what it is worth, I tried to join Farley's Page earlier this year. Despite numerous follow-up emails I received no response. This tells me the site is on 'life support' only. If it is possible an effort should be made to retrieve the knowledge that resides there. It takes a huge amount of effort to recreate a knowledge base from scratch when an old site goes down.
The library is archived. Don't know if Reggie would be willing to put it up here. Last time he did that the site owner took him for a ride. We talked about setting up our own site specifically for the library, but life got in the way.

LSM360

Reaction score
I still go there occasionally. 16 years now. It was my first M body site. Duke is right, it was a tightknit community and some really dedicated people. R.I.P. "Ice".

Duke5A

Reaction score
I still go there occasionally. 16 years now. It was my first M body site. Duke is right, it was a tightknit community and some really dedicated people. R.I.P. "Ice".

That guy was a hoot. He was active on here too. Talked to him a couple of times. He is missed.

LSM360

Reaction score
That guy was a hoot. He was active on here too. Talked to him a couple of times. He is missed.
He was a hoot. I believe he was Dr. Lebaron here? Once you found out more about him and knew how to take him, you realized he was a good guy and a dedicated lover of the M body.

Lightning II

Reaction score
we had good times on there.

On the topic of trawling for the info that's saved there, one of the huge bummers is that none of the photos in the Library are still available. :/

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
The library is archived. Don't know if Reggie would be willing to put it up here. Last time he did that the site owner took him for a ride. We talked about setting up our own site specifically for the library, but life got in the way.
We could set up our own site using this same software. It's just xenoforo. If just a handful of users chip in to cover the month to month costs, it's entirely doable. It's not like this site gets a lot of real traffic. Most of it is bots and web crawlers

Or use phpbb if you want to go cheap and old school phpBB • suggested hosting providers

Last edited:
Back