Few General J Questions

mirada80

Reaction score
Love the LS, loaded up very well, including the scarce cornering lights, looks like a very soild car.

double a ron

Reaction score
My dad is adamant that it is a pre-production 82 even though it is VIN'd as an 81, and that it was built to be the chrysler canada show car for 1982, but he is getting old and somewhat forgetful....in his mind it is the rarest Cordoba every built. Never the less I do enjoy working on it and driving it, drives nice, air blows ice cold even after sitting for 30 years, and the cruise works. Only beef was the radio wasn't working, and then just one day out of the blue for no reason the radio starts working and all the interior lights as well......

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I remember seeing that on ebay a few years ago, I believe this is it here.
View attachment 12028
Were all E58 Miradas TM9 Baron Red, haven't seen any other color.
It is a shame these aren't valued any more than a used Corolla.

I've seen 3 e58 ttop miradas in person, and they were all that color. Strange.

80mirada

Reaction score
I have seen both a black and a white factory E58 T-top CMX. I also looked at a silver E58 T-top that was reportedly not a CMX. All three had red interiors.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
My dad is adamant that it is a pre-production 82 even though it is VIN'd as an 81, and that it was built to be the chrysler canada show car for 1982, but he is getting old and somewhat forgetful....in his mind it is the rarest Cordoba every built. Never the less I do enjoy working on it and driving it, drives nice, air blows ice cold even after sitting for 30 years, and the cruise works. Only beef was the radio wasn't working, and then just one day out of the blue for no reason the radio starts working and all the interior lights as well......

Look at the date codes on the parts.
If you have 80/81 parts on a 82, that at least says it's a early car.
Then the VIN.
Is it a low number or high?
10100 or like would be nice.

My 79 Lebaron Coupe I caught some ' factory monkey business' when I noticed all 1978 parts on a 'late' 1979, and the color wasn't available in late 79, as it got dropped mid year.
'That' opened a can of worms.

mirada80

Reaction score
Now that is interesting in that there have been 7 of the 76 E58 miradas mentioned in this post and all have T-tops, Would that have been because they were ordered or sent out as fully loaded show room cars or just ticking off all the options on the sales order sheet?
I hope I am not highjacking this thread.
-double a ron- that is rare to see the factory sunroof, I have only seen a couple and they were in Imperials, I have seen far more T-Top J Bodies than sunroof. I parted out an 81 LS that was rottened out in the rear, previous owner kept the 5 on 5 wheels, 8 1/4 rear, buckets and 4bbl carb. I got the car for the cost of the tow, kept the windshield, T-Top glass, console, hood and door and a few other parts. Like an uninformed idiot I didn't save the A pillar reinforcement plates or the T-Top frame work....or a host of other parts. But that was back in '97 and it was just a used car back then, junk yards still had lots of them to chose parts from. It was a Black '81 LS with factory 318 4bbl and T-Tops.

double a ron

Reaction score
i haven't seen any, but I am pretty new to the J world. It's funny as i am a woodworker, for a hobby, and was just looking for something to tinker on between projects and dad gave me the car. It gets a lot of comments and strange looks around town....

CMX360

Reaction score
I remember seeing that on ebay a few years ago, I believe this is it here.
View attachment 12028
Were all E58 Miradas TM9 Baron Red, haven't seen any other color.
It is a shame these aren't valued any more than a used Corolla.

That's a different one. The one I went to see had high backs and a buddy seat. Bone stock. Baron red was a sexy color so I'm not surprised to see so many 80's in that color. Shame it was one year. Shame the 360 was one year as well. Pretty unique really. Correct me if I'm wrong but there was no E58 option for any other car that year right? I know the Doba didn't. I don't recall ever seeing an 80 E58 Road Runner, or Aspen R/T. I know Mexico had them at least.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
360s were over on the J bodies by 1981 (E58 code). From 1981 on, most of the US got 318-2BBL as top option: high altitude, California, and Canada had the 218-4BBL available as top option. I think the high altitude and California cars didn't even have the option for a 318-2BBL, you could get either in Canada.

80mirada

Reaction score
E58 was available in the Cordoba,they seem rarer, but I have seen one LS (Blue on blue loaded T-top) and I looked at a Crown (white on red) that was a parts car. It was available at least on Aspen/Volare and Lebarron police cars. Availability was very confused compared to previous years.

Back