Fifth Avenue diecast

Duke5A

Reaction score
I really want one of these - it's my exact car! They're made by Matrix and only in limited number. For the life of me I haven't been able to find one. Ideas anyone?

64198_3.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Pricey yes but, they appear to be excellent quality with awesome details, especially for such a small scale. Way better than most die cast's or, in this case, resin models. If I read it right, they're resin anyways.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
They currently have 2 white (refer to Dukes link, above) and 1 gray one https://www.f1-world.com/product_info.php/en/matrix-scale-models-chrysler-fifth-avenue-1984-greysilver-p-76272?osCsid=sajrksvam6u2regq57s6ft2lj0

I agree – I couldn’t make a purchase because of an address error (not able to enter a “state”).

They are great looking models, based off the pictures – but not sure about the two-tone silver/gray version. Not sure I’ve seen one that color combo, before. Maybe I could place a dukes of hazard decal over the roof – wait, scratch that though . . .
BudW

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Cool as heck, but WHY!

Yep BudW showed his true colors.---- Not sure how to read that but if my 69 charger wasnt org. paint, well...... dont get me started.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a B5 (medium) Blue ’68 Charger (original 383 car), that sat outside all of its life (the paint was far from prime). Also, the previous owner removed the black vinyl top before I bought the car (in ‘85) – so I called it my “blue and rust” colored Charger. It also had rust in the usual places for Chargers (lower back glass, trunk pan, etc.).

My younger brother had painted a huge 01 on the hood in black paint and (later) placed a “turbo” sticker (for a mid ‘80’s Daytona) on the tail, just in front of the chrome “Charger” emblem. I wasn’t happy about either – but the spray paint didn’t hurt the badly needed paint job.

The same car, on July 4, 1995 (US Holiday), I was out at lake with friends most of the day and came home late. I noticed the Charger didn’t look right – but I was tired and went to sleep. The next day, I noticed Jaws-of-Life was used on the driver’s door and interior was badly burnt. Come to find out, the neighborhood kids were playing with firecrackers and were tossing them into the windows (sense they were cracked open). The (then) thirty-year-old interior on a 105’ F day (40.5’ C) caught fire. At least the fire department was close by.

I removed the carpet and headliner bows, took car to a carwash and washed out all the crud from interior. Cleaned the glass (the hardest part of the whole job), Installed “badly needing recovered” seats from my ’69 Road Runner in the car and kept driving it for a few more years (even with the half melted wood-grained steering wheel) – while I was gathering parts/money for a restore (and waiting for finish my ’69 RR). That was about 2 years before I got divorced and I had to sell both cars for money for divorce.

My Charger was in better condition that these two are, before the fire.
68 Charger.jpg

68 Charger b.jpg

After the fire maybe close too what these two examples are (both swiped from the internet).

I wish I had another source of money at the time for both cars are big bucks now days (well – big bucks to me). The ‘69 Road Runner was fully optioned and rust free – but an ugly color green (F3 Frost Green), which I nicknamed “puke green".
69 RR F3 Green.jpg

A pic, also stolen from the internet. Mine had Magnum 500 wheels and about 75% completed at time of sale.

After I remarried and started looking for a replacement Mopar, I settled om the F/M-bodies.

Personally, I liked the show (both TV and Movie), but not excited abut the choice of decoration on the car used in the show nor the fact people altered their Chargers to resemble it – but on the same note, I did nothing about the 01 on my hood (but at least it didn’t stand out).
BudW

Back