Flue shots, who gets them?

Oldiron440

Reaction score
For the last ten years I've gotten a shot but this time I got sick afterwards. I was told today that what I have I mild, BS four days of misery.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thats odd, I was gonna post on that myself. I cant get it to my lungs and immune system.

I hope your ok, I was wondering where your colorful posts had been the last couple days.

Trust me, the shots worth it, the alternative is much worse.

I got to do un natural stuff to stay in this world one time a month, I get this 8x out of my lungs.

I dont go anyplace around strangers in the winter time, there cold could kill me.

SO PLEASE GET YOUR SHOTS YOUR HELPING OTHERS AS WELL

View attachment 37754

View attachment 37755

View attachment 37756

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I get the shot every year now. Back in 2008, I didn't get the shot, and caught that swine flu. I NEVER want to go through that ever again. Sick doesn't even begin to describe it. Over a week of being the kind of sick where you wish for death so you'd be out of misery. It was that bad. Then, another week of being just regular sick where you can function on a limited basis but not very good. I didn't feel normal again for almost 2 months. One night of the 1st week (and I don't remember doing this), I called my dad to come take me to the ER. He says he could tell something was very wrong by the way I sounded on the phone. Guess I passed out when they got me out of the car at the ER entrance. My temp was 106.2 which is borderline death sentence. They said if I'd waited much longer, I might not have made it through. Every year since, I've got the flu shot and haven't got sick (knock on wood) with the flu.
So yes, I definitely get a flu shot.

X, you couldn't have posted those pics AFTER I had dinner?;)

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Old Iron, where did you get your shot at? Hospital, Clinic, Dr. Office, you could of easily picked something up there or even the person who gave you the shot.

Camtron

Reaction score
I flounder back and fourth. The years I get it are the years I seem to end up some type of sick.
@XfbodyX your pictures made me feel better about the lesion in my lung. I cough up a bit blood some times but hell man, that looks brutal. Take care good sir.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
never had one ,never will. There is no way to know whatchit they put in there, and I'd rather be sick than put something into my blood that was never meant to be there.
But I don't get sick. I can swap spit with my hacking wife and nothing, not even a sniffle.. I think God loves me.

Ok I take it back; they gave me a morphine shot when I was already in the middle of passing a 7mm kidney stone..... which was much appreciated,lol. There's 5 more in there, the MRI operator said. That was over two years ago.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
So AJ you will take a morphine shot because it fits your needs because they told you it was morphine or would make things better, but youd never ever accept a vaccination. Interesting.

Not saying its a bad thing, we all have choices on our health.

Really, I got to say, even before my health problems I never got the dang shots. I dont like needles.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Ugh, TMI!
I have been getting the flu shots every year for decades now because 1. they work, 2. it's impossible to get the flu from the shot, and 3. I work in health care and am required to.
I also get a tetanus shot every few years and have also started getting the shingles shot. If any of you have ever had shingles, you know why I get the vaccine.
Once I retire, I will start to get the pneumonia vaccine too. I don't like shots, but I like being sick even less. :confused:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I nixed the pics I posted, just trying to stress the importance of some things.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I'm feeling somewhat better today but its been tough. In 09 I got the flu and was in the hospital for ten days, I've got some heart history so it was a tough ten days. Ever since then I've gotten the shot and this was the first time I had a reaction to it. Normally I don't get sick ever, I can go 5 to 10 years without a cold even with little ones in the house but the boy came home with croup a couple of weeks ago so you never know.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
In 09 I was so dehydrated that my pulse was 195, the second highest ever in the ICU.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I've had reactions sometimes to the shot, but I get it every year. Never any more severe than a single night of being a little sick. Everything is a roll of the dice. Shit, it may not even work if the flu strain going around decides to mutate in the middle of the season. I work in a public school doing IT work, so I'll never go without it. I might was well live and work in a petri dish.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
So AJ you will take a morphine shot because it fits your needs because they told you it was morphine or would make things better, but youd never ever accept a vaccination. Interesting.

With the first one, I had no idea what all that pain was about. I thought my insides had exploded, and death was imminent. I was happy for the pain-relief. Extremely happy.
When the second one came down the pipe, I already knew what it was. I really really tried to walk it off, but after 30 minutes and knowing there could be another 2 hours to go, and knowing it was 30 minutes to the hospital and morphine; I chased my wife outta bed, and off we went. By the time I got out of the MRI machine we were about 80 minutes into the program, and I was desperate for the morphine.
Now I gotta tell you something; this all took place before I figured out who I was in Christ. After that, using the name of the Name above all Names, together with my Faith, I have gotten rid of arthritis, and prevented a generational curse from coming upon me, and my eyesight is so nearly perfect that I no longer require any corrective lenses, which formerly I had required since the age of 15, over 51 years ago. So then I went to my prayer closet and had a talk with those 5 remaining kidney stones, and so far they haven't bothered me any more.
If my faith was a teaspoonful before I figured it out, I'm guessing now it is at least 10,000 teaspoonfuls.
I get attacked same as everybody else my age. The difference is that I do not accept the attacks and send the attackers straight to where they don't want to be. I don't play around with my faith anymore. I war against those reprobate bastards; God's words not mine.
There is nothing special about me, I'm just a guy. I read in the Bible about my rights as a Believer, when living in Covenant, and so that's the way I live, And so I am ENTITLED to the Promises of God. God said it, God is forever the same, so that's that, I believe it. Any Believer, living in Covenant, has the exact same rights. Altho you might have to be born again, not sure yet how that works, but I don't see how you can be a Believer without being baptized. They kindof go hand in hand.
Anyway; Happy HotRodding.

Last edited:

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
Not kidding; those promises were to all believers, for all generations.
The problem as I see it is that Christians believe that everything that went on with the Israelites, was done away with at the Cross, and that is patently absurd. And so all the things that oppress the heathens, also oppress the Christians; and they wail and moan and spend vast amounts of time in prayer and mostly, NOTHING ever happens! If they ever get into the Old Testament with eyes to see and ears to hear, they would come past the Cross just like I did; all you gotta do is read it for yourself.
My God has returned to me the strength of my middle years,and the health of my youth,and my mind is sharper than it ever was; and it only gets better with every letter I post.
Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God.
Reading your Bible, especially out loud, is like putting on armor, that even satan has a hard time getting thru; the evil spirits by comparison are weak,and have no chance.

Back