Great Web Site

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
IDK, but the Miradas columns differ from /6 to a V8.
The rag joint has a different length from the firewall between the two.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Pete:

My Mirada has the wrong steering column on it. I was told it was an M body steering column, or at least an M body steering wheel on it, so the steering column fits. I have a column shift though, so I can't say anything about the shifter.

Kostas.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
My dad and I brought the 1981 Diplomat home safely. We sprayed a little brake clean in the carb and she roared to life. We plan on leaving it a Super Six. Maybe even a red interior? But now we just have to focus on what we have now. Thanks Dr Lebaron!
Thank for helping me save it.
I really didn't think it should go to the wreckers.
Where are you gonna get a 81 Dip 2dr?
Only @5000 made.
You know half or more are long gone.
I was pretty sure the motor would go with some fuel.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
got the 81 dippy home safely and in a spot in the driveway. had to play Tetris with all the cars but we got her in . Dr Lebaron treated me pretty fair on my purchase . Will a mirada steering column fit in it ? I have a couple of consoles and a steering column without shifter from a parts mirada . i even got the steel brackets that were welded to the trans hump for the console.
I know someone who has a J Cordoba non shift column in a M 4dr.
He went to a console too.
Dunno if the /6-V8's are different, but 2 M columns are in the Dip to compare.

I wasn't in it for a profit/flip, just it deserved a better fate than the wreckers.
That's why I just posted $500 instead of higher like $750/$800 and then coming down.

Pete

Reaction score
The m body column and j body columns are the same. I have 2 mirada columns standing in my garage i took the ones out of the diplomat from Dr Lebaron and other than the shift pointer they are the same length and the mount bracket is in the exact same spot . so if i decide to go console im good. a few weeks before i joined i had said that i would like to do a 2dr fifth ave . im thinking a fifth ave grille for the diplomat and two tone paint . now i see the lebaron coupe on functionbox and thats how i want to go with my car , that car is sweet.

Last edited:
Back