GVRW Weights

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand marking out part of the VIN. A question, on the third sticker down (post # 16), was that car also built in “B” Hamtramck (MI)?
If you don’t want to say, that’s fine. I was only wondering.

The second picture (post # 16) does have a lazy 3 (GAWR rear).

I like my sticker, mainly because of the MDH (Month/Day/Hour) built.
77 Volare VIN.jpg

BudW

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Yes B the same place. That 11111 deal is crazy cool, almost makes one wonder if some one was goofing off but then id think it wold be all 1s.

Ive an idea behind this mystery, but I need to dig a pic file out to see if im correct.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the sticker for my '86 Fifth Ave. No flash, but there is a LED flashlight above pointing down.
20190924_223723r.jpg

The only thing I can make out (barely) is MDH is 020620 (February 6, 1986 at 8pm). I can't make out anything else.
BudW

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Im pretty excited this am, seems ECS is going the extra mile for us FMJ guys. I didnt think they were gonna budge on the zero issue but I sent many many good pics that showed it just wasnt like the 70-like sticker font.

Here is what I got this am. So now I will be waiting like its Christmas in Sept. So its really clear if anyone is wanting to get a Door vin decal made ECS will do all they can to make it factory exact. I will post the whole sticker when I get it.

Hi, we did a little "custom" work on your sticker to lighten the top of the "0" and some of the other letters to mimic some of these. I can see variations of the same character within the same sticker - just the nature of impact printing. Thanks for the other examples too. Dave

volare 77

Reaction score
Not in front of me. I have it packed in boxes with the some other parts. If i can get to it easy enough then i will post it. Honestly I understand a need for them to get it right but I not too worried it about on my car.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Got my second ECS Door Vin Data Sticker today. Very pleased as the areas of concern have been corrected. Yes, with wide variety of mixed fonts the first sticker could of worked but if really scrutinized it didnt fall in line with that time period of production.
Also to me, the first tag looked too perfect not withstanding the font issue, there is not going to be 300k (random number) or better perfect stickers made for the 76 line.

The top part is the first attempt, the lower is the second and does look much more like the org in font and quality. The biggest difference, most noticeable was in the 5,3,1 and 0. The most notable difference in my two stickers shows in the vin sequence.

Im gonna try to figure a way to post more of it, but I just dont like to post full vins online.

DSC00041.JPG

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Ive been trying to sort through folders of pics and found this door tag interesting. Look at the vin, thats pretty jacked and maybe some insight on the machine making them. Oddly if this were my car and sticker layout id like the fresh copy to be just as this.

s-l1600r.jpg

Back