Halo top Volare' saved from the Junk yard

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Interesting video. I guess you posted it to YouTube first to upload it? Looks like a good time but cold. What are your plans for the Volare? Almost never see those Halo Tops.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Interesting video. I guess you posted it to YouTube first to upload it? Looks like a good time but cold. What are your plans for the Volare? Almost never see those Halo Tops.
I had tried to upload it to the Gator's Garage page and the upload got to 65%. The Youtube was giving me problems, but it took. Gator has the car at the garage. People expressed interest. As a possible bonus, it might have a good title. I say might because the files of title for cars in that yard go back 30 years and it will take a good few days to search the files. For instance, the yard had boxes of chevy titles from the 70s and 80s. Filed nice, but vast. If the title is obtained, then the car is a more strong candidate for just about anyone to get and get on the road. Gator can chime in, since he expressed being more than fair on trades or selling it.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I came a cross the car years ago and forgot it. One of the guys on facebook tagged me and had been talking to the owner of the yard. I figure the trim is what someone needs, but the car should be utilized for the best effort. We won't take parts off or damage it. We might start by fixing that passenger fender

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Can’t watch videos at work.
Can you give a summery about the car (engine, transmission, rust, etc.), please?
BudW

slant6billy

Reaction score
Can’t watch videos at work.
Can you give a summery about the car (engine, transmission, rust, etc.), please?
BudW
Doors are good. Fenders good except pass side has damage at the door edge- We plan to fix that and show a "How to". All trim is there Whit interior/ black dash, bucket budy seat. Column shift. Super 6 AC auto, ps, pb, missing radiator. Grille only has the center support and the turn signals. Frame rails are 7 out of 10 floor has a few holes (small). 7 1/4 rear. We will get more photos at Gators

76SassyGrassVolare

Reaction score
haha I watched that entire video, thanks for posting reminds me of some F body saves I have done.... and thanks for saving that one for parts or whatever, will have a better fate than where it sat thats for sure!

Gator

Reaction score
its fun saving cars even if you dont fix them all it gets parts and project cars in the hands of people .that will do something with them.

Mr C

Reaction score
I love videos of cars being saved from wreckers.

Back