WANTED Headlight section of Front header 86 Diplomat

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Clark

Reaction score
Thanks, You guys Got me to thinking and I remembered I do know one Person In Sioux Falls, My Friend who used to live up here that was the Town Cop before he got sick of the town's shit and moved to Sioux Falls. IF that Junkyard will let me pay over the phone I can Pay for it from here, and My Friend Tony ssaid he could pick it up and meet me halfway at Chamberlain SD to give it to me. Still Won't be able to get it until the Wife Gets paid Next month and we can afford the trip to Chamberlain, but I can pay for it now. If they can take an Online Payment.
--- Post updated ---
What does it mean by "Loaded" Header Panel?? Anyone Know??

Justwondering

Reaction score
Dave -
Here is the header panel I took off my 5th:
IMG_3769.jpg

Passenger side:
IMG_3770.jpg

If you don't find a cheaper solution closer too you, I can chop the header for you and just send what you need.

Driver side:
IMG_3771.jpg

I already got a replacement header panel from local salvage.

David Clark

Reaction score
Dave -
Here is the header panel I took off my 5th:
If you don't find a cheaper solution closer too you, I can chop the header for you and just send what you need.

Thanks Justwondering, I will call that Junkyard in Sioux Falls on Thursday (can't tomorrow as I will be in Doc appts all day tomorrow) and see if they can take a Paypal Payment on the HEader panel they have, if they can, I'll go that route, if they can't, I will let you know. So long as no one beats me to the dang thing before thursday LOL.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Good Luck...
Both with the header panel and doctor appointments. That's what I spent all day doing - doctor appointment, blood work, chasing meds at pharmacy, etc.

David Clark

Reaction score
Good luck Dave.
I'm thinking they'll let you pay over the phone.
yeah, but it has to be with my Paypal account. Otherwise I am about flat broke LOL. I don't think the wife will let me cut into the Food Fund for this month AGAIN LOL. She's a Lovely forgiving women, to an extent LOL.

David Clark

Reaction score
Loaded means it should have all the trim parts
Thanks, that's what I thought it was meaning.
--- Post updated ---
Theres one in Sioux Falls SD.
Thats a Non SE search.

Header Panel
Dodge Diplomat LOADED HEADER WHITE $150 Barney's Used Cars & Parts USA-SD(Sioux-Falls) Request_Quote 800-662-8032 / 605-338-7041

Will the Header panel off the 80 fit my 86??
--- Post updated ---
Thank You for your service for our country!

Anytime, Would do it again if I could.

80mirada

Reaction score
Yep, 80-89 M body will all fit, Lebarron, New Yorker, Fifth Ave, and Diplomat SE use the other header, but it can be used but use different trim parts.

David Clark

Reaction score
Well, I called Barney's in between Doc Appt's today. They don't take paypal so that fell through since the only funds I have right now are in my Paypal Credit account which can only be sent to people or businesses that take paypal. UGH.
--- Post updated ---
Dave -

Justwondering, could you just cut off the section on the passenger side that holds the headlights. I don't need the grill or anything. Just everything left of the Black Line I made in your Picture.
IMG_3770.jpg

Justwondering

Reaction score
Sure thing.
Let me get the bright work off the header panel and I'll saw it off for you.
PM me your address.
I can't get it in the mail until Tuesday.. Monday is already shot in the a$$

David Clark

Reaction score
Sure thing.
Let me get the bright work off the header panel and I'll saw it off for you.
PM me your address.
I can't get it in the mail until Tuesday.. Monday is already shot in the a$$
Thanks, PM Sent
--- Post updated ---
This is such a great forum.
Indeed it is, I will Pay this Kindness Forward as soon as I can.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Alrighty Buckaroo!
Shipped a lovely box to you today. They said it would be there sometime Saturday. (Which would be a shock to me that a box arrived on time. lol) Included some fiberglass cloth so you can smooth your connection to the dippy header panel.

After I got all the brightwork off it and realized there appeared to be a previous repair on that side. It still seems robust to me but if you want to reinforce it, I've included enough fiberglass cloth for you.

There are no charges for the part or the shipping. You only need to find the right opportunity in the future and pay it forward.

David Clark

Reaction score
Thanks MUCHO, SOOOOO GREATLY APPRECIATED, Even it's not gonna be pretty, it will get this ol baby back on the Road again. I Read this after your Private message and again thank the Bejesus out of ya. If you ever need anything let me know.

Justwondering

Reaction score
The saga continues...
I know you all are wondering .. Did David get his chopped Header section from Texas? Could the US postal service get the delivery there in this weather? Will David be able to attach the piece and drive his beauty around town????

Well apparently, the USPS got the package to Rapid City whereupon it turned around and headed back to Souix city.
Next day they sent it back to Rapid City.
So it is now out for delivery for the 2nd time.

We are still awaiting David's reaction when he gets his mangled piece of fiberglass in a cardboard box put back together with string and a note written on it 'your package may have been damaged in transit. Please check contents.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back