Heater Control Panel Light

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Interesting, A/C and non A/C light plug are different.
BUT, if you had a connecter with the light socket, it wouldn't matter.

So instead of posts, this might work.
Email me at hotmail.com
I have lots of heater controls in the parts dept.
heatlight.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
That's the one Dr. I dug through and found the same thing but not as good shape. Found an ash tray socket and pigtail also. The metal part in the pic isn't for an f-body though but might work if the mounting tab was turned 90 degrees if yours is missing. If you want them, PM me with an address.
DSCF0001.JPG

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Interesting I wonder if a side marker socket would work in a instrument panel? I mean it would not matter to me if the socket would not screw to the housing could use a little electric tape I suppose if I had too. Might not pop out. I just need something that will possibly work that will also hold a standard 194 bulb I would assume. My aspen came with AC but the previous owner removed it. Thank You.

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
If your car didn't have the light pkg, may not of ever had a map light or ash tray light. Not sure about '77 but my '79 has the light pkg and it also included a glove box light (and the trunk light may have been part of the option as well?).

Soon as I get some breakfast in me, I'll start digging through my harnesses. Never know, might get lucky and have what you need.

Right below the glove box there is a little square where the plastic cover and socket housing would be mounted. So I would assume at one time there was a map light installed.

Doesn't really matter but there is also a hole right in top of the ash tray where a socket and bulb could be placed but doesn't mean there should be one or it came with one.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I think they all have that space.

On the Ash tray or map light? Those don't bother me all that much. I just want to have a light for the heater control panel myself. I remember when me and my late father did all the wiring those three wires were missing if I recall. My notes show it anyways.

So I am not to shocked. With all the crap we had to do and replace to be just a few wires short is better then a hundred messed up I guess. When I got the car hell nothing worked not even one light. So all the wiring has came a long way. Even the fuse box was fried lol

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yes There is a square area and two holes that show the screw holes so I assume at one time maybe one was there.

All of my cars have that spot but only the Premier wagon actually has the light installed. I guess that spot was always there but you didn't get the actual light unless you checked off that option.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Correct, the spot is there for the map light (and ash tray light and glove box light) whether it came with them or not originally.
A side marker socket won't fit the heater control, totally different style. The heater one just sort of plugs in. The one I have has one of the tabs missing but still seems to fit secure. Either me or Dr. Lebaron (I assume?) can fix you up. The one he has looks to be better condition.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
All of my cars have that spot but only the Premier wagon actually has the light installed. I guess that spot was always there but you didn't get the actual light unless you checked off that option.

Right I have no idea if it came with or without so I guess it will be without. Hard to find a map light socket anyways for it. So it is all good. I will check the body stamp code and post it maybe someone can tell me exactly what I have. Some of the codes I have but some of them I do not have a complete list.

And as for options well that is another story almost impossible to know unless you are the original owner who asked for upgrades prior to ordering the vehicle or buying it. My wife drives a semi for a living and is home for one day she has been gone for a month I will be back shortly. Thank You.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Correct, the spot is there for the map light (and ash tray light and glove box light) whether it came with them or not originally.
A side marker socket won't fit the heater control, totally different style. The heater one just sort of plugs in. The one I have has one of the tabs missing but still seems to fit secure. Either me or Dr. Lebaron (I assume?) can fix you up. The one he has looks to be better condition.
Interesting, A/C and non A/C light plug are different.
BUT, if you had a connecter with the light socket, it wouldn't matter.

So instead of posts, this might work.
Email me at hotmail.com
I have lots of heater controls in the parts dept.View attachment 12346

Sent pm

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
The stamps where all cancelled.
At least our mail got to the right locations.

My mail is really odd.
Everything goes to Toronto first.
Mail my neighbor a letter, goes to Toronto.
So if US mail crosses at Detroit, then it almost drives past my house to Toronto first, then comes back here.

Back