Heater core 78 Aspen w/ac

moparbill

Reaction score
Can't find a new heater core for my 78 SC w/ac. Does anybody known if I can solder my inlet/outlet tubes from my heater core to a non ac heater core unit. Is the cores dimension the same on both units?

DCAspen

Reaction score
Try a 74-76 a-body, I remember a few people using them in their F-bodies.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Haven't done an m body but on smother car I ended up getting it recored because i couldn't get the right one.

slant six

Reaction score
I have a '79 Volare with A/C - the Heater Core Started leaking in the winter of 2021. Got it sent to a local place that does radiators and gas tanks as well.
He built me a brand new heater core. Not cheap At about $200, but worth it. I have also sent him my business for 2 '62 Valiant Heater cores which are totally unavailable as well.

Best of luck!

UNKIE

Reaction score
Can't find a new heater core for my 78 SC w/ac. Does anybody known if I can solder my inlet/outlet tubes from my heater core to a non ac heater core unit. Is the cores dimension the same on both units?
Rockauto.com don't have any but there are a couple of places that do have them Jags summit and AutoZone I think. But if you're two heater cores are the same size and you remember which way the tubes are back I would say just knock yourself out it wouldn't be any different than repairing your old radiator core like we used to in the old days.

UNKIE

Reaction score
Rockauto.com don't have any but there are a couple of places that do have them Jags summit and AutoZone I think. But if you're two heater cores are the same size and you remember which way the tubes are back I would say just knock yourself out it wouldn't be any different than repairing your old radiator core like we used to in the old days.

slant six

Reaction score
I bet the listings shown at the places you list are incorrect. Buyer beware and compare before you buy!

Back