Hello from Youngtown AZ

R/T Mirada

Reaction score
After a 31year abstinence I just fell off the wagon and bought another Mopar. God help my savings account. My new addiction is a 81 Mirada. There is a complete non-running 82 in the local bone yard that I was tempted to rescue for $500 but I went out and found a running 81 Mirada in Las Cruces to satisfy the monkey on my back. I traded a 99 Suzuki GZ250 for the 81 and drove out in a borrowed 06 silverado w/ trailer and trailered the 81 back since it has some transmission problems. and that is too darn far to walk if I was to have a break down.

My Mirada.jpg
my mirada 3.jpg
my mirada 4.jpg
my mirada 5.jpg
My Mirada rs.jpg

As sharp eyed viewers have spotted it is missing the fiberglass convertible top I'll get around to it I am not a fan of those tire and wheels but they are new they can wait till all the other little things are fixed starting with those darn screeching windows!

My Mirada.jpg

my mirada 3.jpg

my mirada 4.jpg

my mirada 5.jpg

My Mirada desk top.jpg

My Mirada rs.jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Welcome!! Where did the simulated convertible top go?

I think someone on here was looking for the interior window "plug" trim pieces. IDK

Last edited:

Erics5th

Reaction score
Good find, welcome aboard! Whats up with the '68 Chevelle next to it (sorry, had to ask)?

mirada80

Reaction score
Hey the mirada looks great, nice solid starting point, blue and white interior, with console and tuff wheel...sweet.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Nice project. Interior looks like its in good shape. Is it small block or a slanty?

Welcome to the site also.

R/T Mirada

Reaction score
Welcome!! Where did the simulated convertible top go?

I think someone on here was looking for the interior window "plug" trim pieces. IDK

I have no idea what happened to the top, when I mentioned that the opera windows were blocked out from the inside the previous owners replied they never even noticed. I doubt they even knew that it once had a convert style roof

R/T Mirada

Reaction score
"Just remember you asked" The Chevelle is my long time Ride I've had her since 84 restored her in 86 and repainted her again 02 but since then the AZ sun has been eating her up, I hope to get a garage to hide her in before summer returns. My other vehicles are 73 Camaro which I just painted and is waiting for its drive line, 78 F150 sb stepside 4x4, 74 Spitfire and my 01 Volusia I repainted 6 months ago and my 2000 Nissan frontier

th_10june1.jpg
th_1223121602.jpg
th_azroad.jpg
th_bigredOCT3.jpg
th_Spit20106.jpg

th_10june1.jpg

th_1223121602.jpg

th_azroad.jpg

th_bigredOCT3.jpg

th_Spit20106.jpg

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new project. I had my eye on that car too but it was too far away for me to get it. I just joined this forum today myself...there are a ton of resources here to build your Mirada.

Erics5th

Reaction score
"Just remember you asked" The Chevelle is my long time Ride I've had her since 84 restored her in 86 and repainted her again 02 but since then the AZ sun has been eating her up, I hope to get a garage to hide her in before summer returns. My other vehicles are 73 Camaro which I just painted and is waiting for its drive line, 78 F150 sb stepside 4x4, 74 Spitfire and my 01 Volusia I repainted 6 months ago and my 2000 Nissan frontier

View attachment 3379View attachment 3380View attachment 3381View attachment 3382View attachment 3383

Looks like a cool collection. Thats why I'm happy to have a house with a garage here in Lubbock. The sun can tear up a car.

Bryan M.

Reaction score
I've got a parts Mirada in Prescott if there's any interest. Let me know soon though, I'm supposed to be getting it out soon. Yours looks pretty clean, good score!

Bryan M.

Reaction score
As it was:
photo-15.jpg

As it is now:
35523_10152149713540184_1353539454_n.jpg

Decision was made after finding the Imperial I own...and the rear subframe rotting out sealed it's fate. Only part sold is the trunk spoiler, it's already gone.

Back