Here's a way to ruin an AHB :(

LSM360

Reaction score
Of course, to each his own but I hate to see AHB's done like this.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/369909871800145/?

295986222_3397859097102327_9203128031678093166_n.jpg

Hayzoos

Reaction score
I think it is presented as a running car, modified for a particular type of racing. I suspect a type of racing where contact and crashes are par for the course. Low budget base vehicle and low budget hack job modifications - not a great loss of investment if destroyed. I think $1500 is a bit much for such a car.

My local county fair hosts demolition derbies. Very similar modifications/butchering. The roll bar and bumper reinforcements are not allowed for the demo derby. The battery is relocated to the passenger compartment, a metal fuel cell and lines also and the factory tank emptied or removed. They have gone back and forth on the windshield, removed, must keep, or ? These cars are usually just a few hundred dollars certainly less than a grand, even if they have already been derby prepped and/or gone through a previous derby. Many cars are lucky to make it through a single derby heat or beyond a single derby - disposable - scrap value only when done.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Bomber cars are low budget oval track cars just for fun. Few modifications are allowed beyond safety things, like a roll bar and drivers side bars, at least at the track here. They also must use street tires with a max tread width of 7". Win or lose, the only thing that matters is having fun.

Most I've seen are built better though (i.e. not cobbled like this car).

88_AHB

Reaction score
I saw this on marketplace awhile back. It’s sad to see this sort of thing happening to these cars. I’m not sure if it’s due to ignorance or not.
I thought of contacting him for the certified speedometer and a few other items if they’d sell.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
likely bought it in the 90s when these were dirt cheap. i say at least it wasn't flattened and he had fun with it. car had a second lease on life

Back