Hesitation when accelerating

Justwondering

Reaction score
Pretty much the word thermactor is novel and just looks like it's important. Thermactor. Even sounds good.

Am sitting in the waiting room to find out if the Chrysler gets front end alignment today.

Once that is behind me I'll be back on the hesitation issue

Mr C

Reaction score
Just to note......
My 87 Fifth has a Holley 2280. (non-computer controlled)

Not sure if that's a Canadian only thing.

Canadian cars had different emissions throughout the 80's and didn't need air pumps until 87 or 88 I believe. So yes it's a "good" Canadian thing. We also didn't have the 2 catalytic y pipes until the same year...I think it was 88.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
My Canadian Js have 4 barrel carbs, only available on US Js in California and high altitude regions. Calibration is also different, from what I understand.

8v-of-fury

Reaction score
Yup. My 88 had the 6280 and the 3 cats in the exhaust system. It still has the cats, but now has an 850 Thermoquad on top of it. One day, dual exhaust and maybe a standard/magnum hahaha[/B]

rcmaniac791

Reaction score
Your could try and add some Seafoam in the gas tank. That might help clean out the carb.

+1 on the seafoam in the gas. I used that for about 3 fill ups when I was having the pinging issue. It didn't change performance drastically, but my driveability and idle improved

Justwondering

Reaction score
Got my front end alignment today!
Drives much better. Am going to leave my old choke thermostat in the car and see if it will start on Thursday when it gets back down to freezing (or so they say).

Surgery on 10th, so everything is currently good to go for driving husband to hotel on 9th and then across the road to hospital on the 10th. We go in style in the fifth avenue, whether I get the sun visors finished or not.

If it is his last ride, we will be enjoying the thrill.
If it isn't his last ride, we get to enjoy going and returning in a comfy car.

JerryH

Reaction score
When you are using the automatic (bi-metallic) choke please remember the correct starting sequence:
Before cranking the engine, push the gas pedal to the floor once (not more) and don't touch the throttle when cranking. After it starts to idle high, help it out by giving few short and slight gas bursts on the pedal, nothing crazy. This helps the engine settle better to high idle and a minute or so after that it will be able to control the cold engine very well and continue to do so until fully warmed up.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Didn't get to take the Fifth Avenue to the hospital.
We got a rock hit on the windshield on the way home the last time we had it out and all this cold weather hit. So I covered the windshield with blankets and two tires to keep the crack from running due to the cold.

Bought a kit to epoxy the hole and will do that tomorrow (tuesday) when its 80.

Surgery went well.
New ICD (pacemaker) is in and its so very fancy. MRI compatible - wooo hooo.

Master M

Reaction score
Didn't get to take the Fifth Avenue to the hospital.
We got a rock hit on the windshield on the way home the last time we had it out and all this cold weather hit. So I covered the windshield with blankets and two tires to keep the crack from running due to the cold.

Bought a kit to epoxy the hole and will do that tomorrow (tuesday) when its 80.

Surgery went well.
New ICD (pacemaker) is in and its so very fancy. MRI compatible - wooo hooo.
Glad the surgery went well. I hope his recovery is fast.

Back