Hey, What kind of car is that?

slant6billy

Reaction score
At the Fort Mott Car show today, some sloppy dude with a square body chevy truck asked" What kind of car is your "shitbox"? "

He had a group of friends with him too...... nothing like a tough guy with an audience and posse.

I said "Volare".......and asked if I need to spell it out?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Let me guess. He had a mullet, was wearing a "wife beater" shirt and ratty, greasy blue jeans, a scruffy red neck beard and his friends looked like they just got out of prison. Am I close? Of course, wouldn't expect anything less of a square body Chevy truck owner, not that I'm bitter or anything. Wonder if his "other car" was an '85 IROC-Z?

Oldiron440

Reaction score
No he probably had a ratty old Hemi's rule t shirt but couldn't pronounce Hemi and didn't no what it was......

HEMY .......hahaha

volare 77

Reaction score
You actually think you can match that little Slant Six of yours against his 426 Hemi? ( a line from the Joe dirt movie)

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
I'll put the slant up against the 305 soft cam box

Aspen500

Reaction score
They don't lose a cam lobe, they gain a fuel pump eccentric. Funnily enough, we had a mid '90's Chevy truck with a 5.7L in the shop last week, popping out the intake. Only reason it was still able to move under it's own power is that it's lost a few hundred pounds over the years (rusted to hell) It's got one of those 15 lobe cams and the owner WISELY has decided to have Yaeger's Auto Salvage pick the truck up right from our lot.

Back