2012-11-19 12.44.45.jpg

2012-11-19 12.44.45.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
:icon_thumright:
2012-11-19 12.45.24.jpg

I know the guy's at this place.
I told them this was the last winter the 5th would have to endure so hose it down big time.
They did NOT disappoint

2012-11-19 12.45.24.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
I saw those Canadians on "Dream Car Garage" a while back demo "Crowne" automobile prep for winter. They esentiallly washed a Buick Grand National in this stuff that look like Club Soda. Then they used some sort of treatment that looked oily but not the Maple Syrup you got goin on Captain. What is the oil made up from - petroleum? Plant based- and don't say maple leaf? Our state on New Jersey and several others decide not to "pre-brine" the roads. Apparently the EPA and other tree huggers found heavy traces of the pre-brine chemical in the soil and streams. The DOT will still "salt" the roads, but that pre-brine was some really nasty shit. It ate brake likes and other undersides of vehicles. So for once, the groups that hate big old cars did us a solid..... I say" thanks (ya tree hugging pains in the ass)"

CMX360

Reaction score
Hahaha even the engine bay?! My t-top Mirada was oiled up way back when it was new and its still a gooey mess underneath. Whatever they used its tuff stuff because its survived 30 years and 97,000 miles without looking a day old.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I saw those Canadians on "Dream Car Garage" a while back demo "Crowne" automobile prep for winter. They esentiallly washed a Buick Grand National in this stuff that look like Club Soda. Then they used some sort of treatment that looked oily but not the Maple Syrup you got goin on Captain. What is the oil made up from - petroleum? Plant based- and don't say maple leaf? Our state on New Jersey and several others decide not to "pre-brine" the roads. Apparently the EPA and other tree huggers found heavy traces of the pre-brine chemical in the soil and streams. The DOT will still "salt" the roads, but that pre-brine was some really nasty shit. It ate brake likes and other undersides of vehicles. So for once, the groups that hate big old cars did us a solid..... I say" thanks (ya tree hugging pains in the ass)"
Hard to believe...
The tree hugging, whale saving, tofu eating, bicycle riding, former peace, love and groovy, car hating pansy asses actually did something to help us out?
Wow!
Yeah, they go nuts with salt up here in the winter.
Only hope you have is to nuke your car with this oil stuff.
Not real sure what it is but it's definitely oil based
Two different consistencies.
Runny stuff in the doors, rockers, creases and crevices.
It's supposed to creep.
Underneath the thick stuff (of course it's made with maple syrup)
Thick as hell and sticks like glue.
Did it last year and there was still some left when I went to get it done this year. Works too. No extra rust issues after driving it all last winter.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hahaha even the engine bay?! My t-top Mirada was oiled up way back when it was new and its still a gooey mess underneath. Whatever they used its tuff stuff because its survived 30 years and 97,000 miles without looking a day old.

Yep, engine bay to boot.
I've seen salt in engine bays before so it is a good idea.
And yeah it does last a long time.
That's probably what saved the Mirada
Especially if it was a Canadian car.
No heavy oiling and they're done for.
Welcome to Canada.
Actually any snow belt area where they salt heavily..
It's a necessary evil.
Messy as hell when it's first done but it does flatten out by the spring
Besides, I'd rather have an oily car than a rusty one.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
F that crap. Another good reason to be in south Texas. 81 degrees here today.

Oh sure Eric,
Rub it in...
The snow WILL come
And the salt nazi's WILL come out.
These guy's are nuts..
Three flakes of snow and six trucks will roll down the street dumping pounds of salt....
Sh*t man, you can hear your car rust from your livingroom with the tunes going.
Not now though, she's lubed. :icon_thumright:

It's basically a condom for your car.
Like I said...up here it's a necessity.

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Now back when I got my first f body from my Dad's Aunt. She bought it new in the fall of 75 and put it in the Garage. I got it with 13k on the odometer. It was to be my daily driver while I built my Z28. Of course I kept the Volare out in the elements. The fenders went to heaven. They suffered (from what was called CANCER). We used to say, "that plymouth has cancer real bad. Don't really hear it called that anymore. My brother's 71 dart had cancer in the pass fender. It was parked for 15 year along the Chesapeake bay in Maryland so that was that. I'm guessing all those cancer cars went to mopar heaven. Maybe car folks chose not to use the word anymore-don't know. No disrespect to anyone here, it was just how people refered to a fast-slow death of the metal of a car.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I heard it said like that myself.

I've seen cars up here dissolve
One year, bottom of the door is rusty
Next year, big hole in door
Next year, door is flapping
Next year, replace door.
That's if you don't roll your ride in Crisco.

Otherwise yeah, she'll get the cancer real bad.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
There is next to no salt being used in AB. Here the substance of choice is sand and gravel, with some ice melting pellets (not salt, doesn't seem to rust cars) used in extreme cases. Same in Sask. as far as I know. Cars don't rust out here nearly as bad as the cars in places like Montreal (where I grew up). The amount of salt used in that town is insane. The salt not only eats the cars away, it damages concrete and asphalt, too.

The really bad cars in terms of rust were the early 1980s Fiats (124,128, and Mirafioris), Alfa Romeos (pretty much all, but they weren't driven in the snow as much). You could literally see the salt eating away the Fiat bodies in real time.

Montreal actually picks up the snow. The use giant snow blowers and load the snow (with salt) onto dump trucks and haul it away. They used to dump it into the St. Lawrence river, until the Quebec Environmental Dept. made them stop as it was raising the salinity level in the St. Lawrence river. Now they just dump it into open fields. They end up making huge snow hills. Most years, it can take until the middle of June until the snow hills melt entirely (melting process slows down as the hill melts, as the accumulated mud that is left behind slows the heating from the sun).

Kostas

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That's true.
My father in law lives in Winnipeg (also known as Winterpeg)
No salt out there.
Don't know why the inbreds here are still using it.

Back