But it's here and it's hanging around.
Cue the salt trucks.
2012-12-29 11.49.26-1.jpg

2012-12-29 11.49.26-1.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The snow is coming......
So once again the Fifth got drowned in oil.
And once again the boys at Reg's did not disappoint.

2014-11-15 13.39.46-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.40.04-1.jpg

Already dripping.....

2014-11-15 13.40.33-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.40.53-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.41.45-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.42.14-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.42.48-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.54.10-1.jpg

Mmmmmm......engine bay....

2014-11-15 13.54.30-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.39.46-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.40.04-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.40.33-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.40.53-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.41.45-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.42.14-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.42.48-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.54.10-1.jpg

2014-11-15 13.54.30-1.jpg

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
I could never do that to my car ,,,i know alot of people oil spray but ,ive never ,and had no issues ,,just need to take the car to the was 1 time a week and get er sprayed with water and clean it up ,, i think i got a cleanlieness phobia

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Actually by taking it to the car wash you're making things worse.
It may look all cleaned up but what you're really doing is pushing the salt further into every crevice with the pressure of the spray.
Everytime you drive in the salt slush the slop is being impacted into the hidden valley's of your car.

If you live in a place where they salt the roads you have two choices.
Don't drive your car in it or get it drowned in oil.
There's no in between.
The Fifth is my daily so I drown it.
The Caravelle and the Volare go away to the cozy dry garage till the spring.
And they don't come out till there's been two solid days of rain to wash the salt away....

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Hmm not sure bout that capy ,to each there own ,i wouldent want a salty soup of oil constantly in contact with my car ,,the wife's 2011 has never had oil on it and we just wash it ,and drive in winter ,and it has 0 rust any where on it ,and been through 4 nasty winters ,,ya gota go to a real car wash not one of those places with 5$ in quarters in your pocket and a pressure washer to gobble them up ,they have real good ones here ,,takes about 15 min to go through ,it washes the car everywhere and soaps everything then wax n dry ,,there amazing ,,its not cheap though ,but crown rust control here wants $150 plus tax ,so thats 15 baths right there in money ,ide rather wash ,,i dont believe the hype on oil spray its a gimmick in my opinion ,,but thats just me ,,oil away if you like it ,

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Man the engine bay pic is nasty ,oil all over the wire??? Are you looking to burn up your car? Thats a crazy fire hazard ,,i wouldn't even feel safe in it capt u sure thats a good idea??? Ohhhh yack sorry man but thats nasty looking ,ive never seen worse,,the door hinges i agree with but thats it ,

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
There are electric modules you can get put on your car now that claims to prevent rusting as well by running a small electric charge through the vehicle which prevents the rusting process ,but i have to idea if it works or not and if so how well ,,anyone here????

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Lol!!
As you said man..."it's your car".
My Volare was taken to the same place every year since new and is mint underneath and everywhere else. This place is a body shop and guarantees that if you bring a new car done and get it done every year it will never rust. If it does they'll fix it for free.

Ask anyone who restores cars about your car wash idea.
You're pushing the salt where you can't see it and it stays there.
Then in the spring that morning dew does a beautiful job of helping it do it's thing.
Also keep in mind that newer cars use a lot of galvanized because of the lessons learned from cars of our cars era. That's why they don't rust like the oldies.

Me?....I've talked to the best who know their shit on this topic
I know what I need to do to save my car if I'm driving in this crap....so I do.
It's only my opinion of course but anyone who doesn't do this with the metal our rides are made out of is kidding themselves.

As far as the electrical goes.....it's oil....not water.
Never had a problem.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
I googled it after posting about it and there is alot of controversy/opinions on the pros and cons of it ,i guess there will always be people on opposite sides of the fence saying there right,if not what a boring place the world would be to live in ,just a bunch of sheeple following the heard from water hole to water hole ,lol,lol

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That's true.
We are allowed our opinion.
Mine is based on talking to resto guys who've ripped these cars apart and found what lurks underneath. One guy in particular is the guy who let me use his garage to do my Caravelle. He's won gold at numerous shows and won gold at Moparfest for a 57 Fargo Power Wagon he did the same time I was doing the Caravelle.

He was adamant about two things.
If you're gonna drive the car in salt, drown it in oil.
And DON'T WASH IT IN A CAR WASH! For the very reason I've explained.
His first choice was don't drive it in the salt.

Think of your leaf springs....see the crevices in between them.
What are the odds of the car wash getting impacted salt out of there?
Pretty slim......there's crevices like that all over your car.
The oil creeps and provides a barrier. It works.
I can attest to that to that by the lack of damage on old iron that I've salt soaked. Me? I drive the Fifth cause I have to. So I drown it.
The Caravelle never sees water and the Volare never sees salt.

That's just me though.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Looks yummy. I want to get some frozen pancakes and put the all over the Captain's 5th. That's maple syrup, right? HAHAHA. As gooey that 5th might be, I don't see any rust. Keep pouring that gooey goodness.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Looks yummy. I want to get some frozen pancakes and put the all over the Captain's 5th. That's maple syrup, right? HAHAHA. As gooey that 5th might be, I don't see any rust. Keep pouring that gooey goodness.

That's the secret......it's made with Canadian maple syrup. :icon_thumright:

And you are correct Sir....no rust.
The sections I fixed that I posted in my luxury cop car thread were there when I bought it.....absolutely no new spots since I've been spraying it.
And I drive this thing everyday through the worst salt laden sludge.
Krown?......pitooie.
Ziebart?.....rubbish.
Oil and maple syrup from Reg's?.....

Now we're talking......

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I just moved it to a different parking spot.
There's a perfect oil outline where it was parked....lol!
It'll drip for another day or two then slow down but right now it's creeping along doing it's job......just in time too. The snow is coming which means so are the salt trucks.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
It would seem my timing was very good.
The friggin' salt brigade came out last night.
The roads have been assalted.......

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Wonder if it works on weather stripping around windows. Wife's driver side window entire electrical switch has went out. With one window still down a little. Threw some duct tape on it till I can get the part. I told her it is because it is a Chevrolet and she cussed me out Lol. Been freezing here to with snow.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Wonder if it works on weather stripping around windows. Wife's driver side window entire electrical switch has went out. With one window still down a little. Threw some duct tape on it till I can get the part. I told her it is because it is a Chevrolet and she cussed me out Lol. Been freezing here to with snow.

Don't think it'll fill gaps......lol.
Fill that gap with foam pipe wrap.
Highly moldable stuff....

Back